Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

How....HOW can you only shoot 36.5% in your own building??

Green 1-6, Fitzner 0-3, Smith 2-7, Langford 5-14...   WTH???

It's not Archie's fault.

3 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

We shouldn’t get beat by 15 at home but I completely disagree with you. Had us losing this one and Nebraska is solid imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just don’t see Nebraska as anything more than average.  They will finish middle of the pack.  I don’t care how many points we lost by - it can’t happen at AH.  This isn’t Michigan.  This isn’t Michigan State.  This isn’t Ohio State.  This isn’t Maryland.  Hell this isn’t a couple others.  This is Tim Myles and Nebraska at home.  Zero excuses.

I'm going to bed, I'm way too worked up.  To those of you that called names to those of us that disliked the Mid Major Miller hire, you need to look in the mirror.  Perhaps you don't understand basketball the way you think you do.   Mid Major Miller is a massive disaster so far.  Yes, he has the recruits from the zip codes you prefer, but the results on the court are garbage.  Absolute garbage.  
His brother went 16-15 at arizona the first year. Same records i think. The next season he went 30-8. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Clifton was a bright spot. Why didn’t he play longer and Fitzner less. Fitz looks like a fish outta water on the court.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Clifton is completely lost on defense is why he doesnt get more minutes

This loss is on Archie. He needs to get his sh*t together and stop getting out coached night in and night out. If the problem is the players not being coachable or buying into his system then sit them until they do. But my guess is he needs to toss his “system” and start over. The half court sets are as bad as I’ve ever seen at this level. Nothing he designs creates open shots which leads to one on one play with everyone else being out of position. On defense we’re helping far too much and getting out of position to box out the off man and get rebounds. 

Just a random though. From the “offense” that Archie wants to run, it seems to me it would require shooters to hit buckets and space the floor to open up for drives. Without shooter, those gaps don’t open. We don’t have anyone who can driver besides Romeo and maybe Rob. We have zero shooters who can shoot consistently. Most of the players playing are still Crean players.

I’m not happy about this performance since Archie has shown up, but until he gets a full class (healthy class) I’m not losing faith in him.

Hard to watch yes, frustrating yes, below expectations for sure but I’m not losing hope. Especially not this soon.

If we have Rob, Keion, TJD, Hunter, Race, Clifton, Forrester, Al, Smith, Damezi and other players and we still don’t win, then I’ll start wondering if Archie was right or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Honestly at this point.... Archie is better off trying the younger players to evaluate what he has. I hate for players to leave and transfer but I think for both IU and  themselves DeRon and Green are better off transferring at end of the year. DeRon could get playing time closer to home and Green could take his experience elsewhere. I think IU could use those scholarships on senior transfer guards that could shoot. 

Maybe St. Mary's has another role player they don't need.

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

This loss is on Archie. He needs to get his sh*t together and stop getting out coached night in and night out. If the problem is the players not being coachable or buying into his system then sit them until they do. But my guess is he needs to toss his “system” and start over. The half court sets are as bad as I’ve ever seen at this level. Nothing he designs creates open shots which leads to one on one play with everyone else being out of position. On defense we’re helping far too much and getting out of position to box out the off man and get rebounds. 

His entire system gives up rebounds it’s part of the philosophy but that doesn’t work at this level. 

We shouldn’t get beat by 15 at home but I completely disagree with you. Had us losing this one and Nebraska is solid imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Lmao the fact that you had Nebraska beating us at home should tell you something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Yeah, it's real embarrassing getting ran out of our gym by a tourney team with an abundance of jr/sr to carry them against a 2nd yr coach with not much left over talent from the previous staff, not to mention the plague of injuries suffered. So, if you guys are serious about being done with them, that is fine with me. No need for all of the whining here. It's truly amazing to me that after long discussions here about the other top teams in our conference  (MSU, Mich) and the results of Izzo and JohnB in their early first few seasons, so many are dead set on CAM being a bad hire without giving him the time that it takes to build something. Instant gratification. Doesn't bother me one bit if we lighten the load of mass negativity that we see on this forum everyday. Doesn't have to be all sunshine and lollipops but jeez!

Ok, so how long do we need to wait with these terrible results before we can be concerned?   Tia.