Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The way we've been playing I don't see us winning any of those.  Easiest would be Rutgers but that's on the road.

Rutgers and OSU are going to wins at the very least.  Both teams have no talent.

It's not the head coach's fault.  Let's blame Green!  Or Fitzner.  Certainly not the Coach's fault.

I actually agree with you, I’m just saying he’s the one that’s going to have to shoulder the blame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta say, Miller is not looking like a good hire.  Team constantly unprepared.  Not even consistent effort.  Offense is a joke.  Now Purdue is going to stomp a mud hole in us for our third straight loss, after not even showing up against Nebraska and quitting against Maryland in the second half.
We shouldn't have gone young.  He should've had to prove himself at a level higher than friggin' Dayton.

Everybody wins at Dayton I hear lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Clifton was a bright spot. Why didn’t he play longer and Fitzner less. Fitz looks like a fish outta water on the court.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Honestly another head scratcher. How about giving Jake a chance? Can he be much worse than Fizner? How about giving Damezi a few of McBob's minutes. He has lost a step on defense so basically has lost all of his value. Why not try to get someone in that can shoot since we have no shooters. 

I should've just changed the channel, but didn't. ... And seeing squirrely Tim Miles laughing and joking with Raftery on our floor after the game just pisses me off. We need someone like Larry Bird, during the Celts-Lakers series in the mid-1980s, to step up and say, "We're playing like sissies. We don't have the heart we need to. To see guys out there, runnin' up and down and slapping high-fives... you'd think somebody would want to put a stop to it." ... But I honestly don't think there is any leadership on this team. 

(Sorry that I remember those old Lakers-Celtics series. I'm 50, so according to some on this board, my old-school thinking is the reason Archie gives so much playing time to McRoberts. ... If you can figure how that sh-- works, you're smarter than I). 

I'm going to bed, I'm way too worked up.  To those of you that called names to those of us that disliked the Mid Major Miller hire, you need to look in the mirror.  Perhaps you don't understand basketball the way you think you do.   Mid Major Miller is a massive disaster so far.  Yes, he has the recruits from the zip codes you prefer, but the results on the court are garbage.  Absolute garbage.  

I'm going to bed, I'm way too worked up.  To those of you that called names to those of us that disliked the Mid Major Miller hire, you need to look in the mirror.  Perhaps you don't understand basketball the way you think you do.   Mid Major Miller is a massive disaster so far.  Yes, he has the recruits from the zip codes you prefer, but the results on the court are garbage.  Absolute garbage.  
Yep I agree all we heard was he is so much better than crean,etc. Yes he landed two five stars but his coaching has not impressed me. And he was not left with an empty cupboard. Never understood why we had to go the mid major route.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think it was more of hiring a coach that wanted to centralize his recruiting search to Indiana zip codes.  It makes no sense to me, but it appeases a lot of posters and a certain incompetent athletic director.

But he got Blueitt, Dee Davis and Paul Scruggs. He had about as much success in Indiana as any coach outside of Mich St/Mich and OSU. Don't want to beat a dead horse but it's certainly makes no sense that we wouldn't have aggressively pursued him. 

4 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Honestly another head scratcher. How about giving Jake a chance? Can he be much worse than Fizner? How about giving Damezi a few of McBob's minutes. He has lost a step on defense so basically has lost all of his value. Why not try to get someone in that can shoot since we have no shooters. 

I would like to see Jake a little more, too -- simply because it seems at this point, he can't be any worse than anybody else -- but I believe he's been limited by an ankle injury. I saw something today indicating he was questionable at best for tonight. 

Honestly at this point.... Archie is better off trying the younger players to evaluate what he has. I hate for players to leave and transfer but I think for both IU and  themselves DeRon and Green are better off transferring at end of the year. DeRon could get playing time closer to home and Green could take his experience elsewhere. I think IU could use those scholarships on senior transfer guards that could shoot.