Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not sure I understand this. Did we go after Chris Mack and he said no, that he wanted more money? I think Archie is getting over $3 million a year. I'm guessing Mack would've taken that to leave Xavier had we asked him to. 

He's getting about $4 million at Louisville. But to answer your question I don't think we really pursued him at least seriously. I'm sure it was more about incompetence in general from the AD than a $ figure. I'm just venting because he would have been perfect. 

I’ve been saying all year long that it’s just so hard to get excited about this team. And I hate that so bad bc I love IU basketball. I got excited in the last 5-6 minutes when Clifton got in and gave a nice little “much needed” spark. I still do not understand why Fitzner gets ANY minutes?? I’m done saying it. Last time I’ll say it the rest of the way bc we have so many other issues

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

Neb is far from avg. unless a top 4 finish in a conference that may have 8-10 tournament bids is avg. 

No way does Nebraska finish in the top 4.  IU getting killed  AT HOME to that team is just a joke.  

Just now, CandyStripers said:

Give me a f******* break. If your trying to defend this loss by saying Nebraska isn't average then just stop! Nebraska is AVERAGE at best!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

There were excuses for losing to Indiana State and IUPUIWXYZFort Wayne so why not Nebraska?

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He's getting about $4 million at Louisville. But to answer your question I don't think we really pursued him at least seriously. I'm sure it was more about incompetence in general than a $ figure. I'm just venting because he would have been perfect. 

I think it was more of hiring a coach that wanted to centralize his recruiting search to Indiana zip codes.  It makes no sense to me, but it appeases a lot of posters and a certain incompetent athletic director.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

There were excuses for losing to Indiana State and IUPUIWXYZFort Wayne so why not Nebraska?

It's not Archie's fault!!!!  Give him 5 more years before you can say anything bad about him!!!!!

17 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I’ll continue to watch, but don’t expect much over the next 7 games. Just being honest, but see us winning maybe 2 of those with the way we are progressing.

At Purdue, At Northwestern, home against  Michigan, At Rutgers, At MSU, home against Iowa, Home against Ohio State.

The way we've been playing I don't see us winning any of those.  Easiest would be Rutgers but that's on the road.

2 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I like Archie and in no way am I at the “torch and pitchfork “ point with him, but he is the one making 3.5 million a year and deserves the criticism for these losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the head coach's fault.  Let's blame Green!  Or Fitzner.  Certainly not the Coach's fault.

The way we've been playing I don't see us winning any of those.  Easiest would be Rutgers but that's on the road.
Starting to look like an 8-12 type record. Does that even get us in the NIT?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk