Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - 1/6/19 @ 4:30 ET

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I've never seen our fanbase over-analyze the actions and behavior of our players to the extent they're doing this season. It's bizarre.

It's the first year in the last four that we've been competitive, and social media has completely exploded since four years ago when Zeller was a Hoosier.

Agreed. He’s only shot 5 this year. Would be very frustrated if he’s a good 3 point shooter and we aren’t utilizing him 
His 3 looked good last year when he shot it. I expected him to utilize it more this year just has not happened

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

His 3 looked good last year when he shot it. I expected him to utilize it more this year just has not happened

Same. He’s shot 5 and hit 2. Small sample size for sure but I’d fully support him shooting more. Frankly he and Durham should take at least 1 a game. 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

A forum that was the 247 forum until they bought scout. And before that it was an independent forum. And it get a lot more complicated after that 

I have never been on it. Wasn't sure. 

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He may have deleted it, but there ain't no such thing as deleting it from the public domain!  lol

I'm not sure I think he's wrong, but at 11-3 with 2 of the 3 losses coming to teams ranked #2 and #1 in the country, I'm also not sure any parent needs to open his mouth.  Lavar Ball's influence is sadly very wide.

Don’t know the stat but seemingly Justin’s missed more layups than he’s made. Finishing seems to plague him. Very frustrating. Another thing....

48” vertical? It doesn’t seem we get a lot of game opening tips. Are the refs bad tossers or what???

Good kid. Needs confidence and turn it up a couple of notches.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Momentum killer 15:40 to go down 9, Morgan fouls iggy on a 3 he missed. He hits all 3. Next play down Morgan’s layup spins around rim and out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Morgan was tripped or he wouldn't have flailed into that iggy like that.

I think that was his third foul and probably less than 60 seconds of game time later Romeo got his third

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s what he was a st Mary’s.  I Gotta wonder if his inability to get the defensive side of affecting his confidence and therefore his shot. 

The single most disappointing thing to me about Fitzner is he has extraordinarily bad hands. He fumbles the ball more often than not. 87.4% of the time by my calculation. He's not a great defender and has cooled off his shooting, but his inability to cleanly catch or grab the ball makes him a liability. 

Don’t know the stat but seemingly Justin’s missed more layups than he’s made. Finishing seems to plague him. Very frustrating. Another thing....
48” vertical? It doesn’t seem we get a lot of game opening tips. Are the refs bad tossers or what???
Good kid. Needs confidence and turn it up a couple of notches.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agree
Smith’s scoring issues are all his own. I really like the kid and he looks to have HUGE upside potential. Happy to see him progressing (all the missed finishes were painful). Still waiting for him to break out. Hope it comes this year, but it may be next.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Finally got a new phone to get back on here. Of course I’m disappointed that we lost, but it could have been way worse. Probably a good thing I didn’t watch it live though lol.

A couple notes

- We got back into the game with a terrible first half. Trust me, it’s extremely frustrating that this team keeps doing that, but they keep battling back.
- Several misses bunnies and lose to the #2 team in there place by only 11.
- Morgan didn’t let a really bad start to the game get him down.
- IU REALLY lacks a 3rd and 4th option. This is where my biggest frustration lies with Smith, so much potential and athleticism to be very good, but just never goes for it.
- Get healthy!!! Missing Rob and De’Ron really hurt. Let’s not forget about not having Hunter. Just assuming, but felt he would have played a significant role off the bench, and we could really use him at the 2/3 spot.
- Lastly, if this team continues to grow on offense and starts quicker, this is a top 15 team. Getting healthy and getting a few more players to step up offensively will take this team to the next level.

Shon Morris said it best on BTN LIVE, IU may have the highest ceiling of any team in the B1G if they could put it together offensively.

We don’t have a sharpshooter this season but we are still young under Archie. I believe we will have some in the years to come to fill this gap. No, we won’t have Juwan or Romeo, but we will be more well-rounded as to not need to rely on two players for 80% of our scoring.

Don't know if this is in reaction to the tweet by Smith's dad -- probably not; I'm guessing Archie doesn't give a crap -- but Archie was raving about Justin on his radio show with Fisch tonight. Said the difference between last this season and this is staggering. Added that he wants and hopes to see Justin more involved in the offense. 

Don't know if this is in reaction to the tweet by Smith's dad -- probably not; I'm guessing Archie doesn't give a crap -- but Archie was raving about Justin on his radio show with Fisch tonight. Said the difference between last this season and this is staggering. Added that he wants and hopes to see Justin more involved in the offense. 

When I listened to the show on delay the first thing I thought was Archie read or at least heard about the tweet lol!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Had to be about that imo

21 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He may have deleted it, but there ain't no such thing as deleting it from the public domain!  lol

Confused only by Mr Smith's comment.  Seems pretty naive, considering the only two players capable of creating their own offense that night were Langford and Morgan.  Smith has a lot of potential, but he's nowhere close to the play maker Langford and Morgan are.  I hate to say it, but he's not proven he's capable of breaking down defenders and scoring at will as the two above mentioned are.  

I do like Justin's ability to grab boards.

As for Smith's comments, I say, "Whatever!"

Missing Hunter, Rob, Davis, and Thompson is huge. This team is a shell of what it could have been due to injuries. If we’re healthier with Rob and Davis back, I think we beat UM at home.

I’ll be good with a 5/6 seed this year considering the injuries.