Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - 1/6/19 @ 4:30 ET

Our Hoosiers (12-2) (3-0) face the daunting task of knocking the Wolverines (14-0) (3-0) from the ranks of the unbeaten.   Very difficult but not impossible.  We have the pieces, we just can't get them to all fit together at the same time.  Maybe tomorrow's that day.

Game Preview

Live Stats

Radio Option #1

Radio Option #2

TV:  CBS Network (Spiro Dedes and Clark Kellogg)  or   Game Stream

GO IU!

Also Michigan’s key sixth man Isaiah Livers dealt with back spasms against Penn State and did not play. Would be a big loss for the Wolverines if he has to sit out Sunday.

Jon Teske is an enormous and surprisingly decent center as he has improved greatly on offense and defense since last year. I wouldn’t be opposed to see more of De’Ron in the game as well as Juwan outside the arc to try and draw Teske away from the hoop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 point dawgs at this point.  Can't afford a typical slow start in this one.  Must be laser focused from the opening tip and Green, oh Green, must play under control.  Oh yea, hitting a few threes wouldn't hurt.  Morgan must also stay on the floor and avoid early foul trouble.  FWIW, UM only beat Northwestern by 2 points, same as IU (UM game was at NU though).  Could happen, knock one more undefeated down.  

8 point dawgs at this point.  Can't afford a typical slow start in this one.  Must be laser focused from the opening tip and Green, oh Green, must play under control.  Oh yea, hitting a few threes wouldn't hurt.  Morgan must also stay on the floor and avoid early foul trouble.  FWIW, UM only beat Northwestern by 2 points, same as IU (UM game was at NU though).  Could happen, knock one more undefeated down.  

We might have a chance in this one as UM’s defense is more about positioning and less about cat scratching the he’ll out of you while hoping the refs don’t call everything (Ark, Butler and Ill come to mind of opponents with that style of defense we’ve played this season). We’ll need to hit some outside shoots to loosen slashing and driving lanes though as I think UM will play off of non shooters and clog the middle. The passing between Morgan, Smith, and Romeo in the lane will need to be on point too. I think we’re looking at a rock fight unless we don’t close out to shooters properly then UM will have a field day. Their defense was spectacular early in the season. We’ll need to play our best game and defend like hell to have a chance late. We’ll also need a third offensive threat to emerge that can take some heat off Morgan and Romeo unless one goes crazy and the other has a better than average night.

Unfortunately, I think we get off to a slow start and then play them pretty even the rest of the game losing by 9-12 points.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This is one of those games we can’t afford to dally with the ball on offense. We can’t afford to have Green, Smith or Durham taking too many shots.

No reason Morgan, Romeo and Davis (on the block) shouldn’t be taking 90% of the shots. Get to the FT line a lot and convert at 70%+

IMO that is our only chance. Force UM to deal with Morgan & Romeo almost every possession. Force it if you have to. Not gonna win with Green and Smith trying to “step up”.

UM isn’t a special team, but they will spank us if Morgan/Romeo don’t assert themselves. We must constantly force them into fouling situations.

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hope the Chargers/Ravens game doesn't go into overtime. I don't want to miss the beginning of the IU game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow.... didn’t think of that. That would be a bummer. Do they have a back up channel they will put it on so we don’t miss anything??

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app