Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs. Illinois - Thurs., 1/3 @ 7:00

Let's get it on.  It's a new year and a great opportunity to start B1G 3-0 against the Illini.  

Preview

Scouting Report        From the rumor mill, Robert Phinisee is believed to have completed the concussion protocol and likely will be back in action. Zach McRoberts resides in a similar day to day situation with back issues. Race Thompson and Jerome Hunter still do not have time tables for their return, and at this point in the season you have to consider additional eligibility factors.

Live Stats

Radio #1

Radio #2

FoxSports 1 or online at https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/507695/college-basketball-illinois-at-indiana     Dave O'Brien and Bill Raftery calling the game

20 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

This should be a double digit win. I’ll be disappointed if it’s not

--IU fans before the Arkansas game

--IU fans before the Northwestern game

--IU fans before the Penn State game

--IU fans before the Louisville game

--IU fans before the Butler game

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

--IU fans before the Arkansas game

--IU fans before the Northwestern game

--IU fans before the Penn State game

--IU fans before the Louisville game

--IU fans before the Butler game

To be fair Illinois is a lot worse than those schools but I agree with the principle. 

I admit I haven't seen much of Illinois this year but based off of what I saw last year and the very limited amount this year I feel that their defensive strategy is not a good matchup for IU. The tight ball pressure against guys that are shaky with the ball. Maybe I'm wrong but I think this will yet again be a tight game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Anybody who says iu will win easily hasn't been watching iu basketball very long or pay much attention. Nobody knows what will happen after this huge break. Anything can happen and i hope our boys are ready for a fight

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Ive watched Illinois a few times. I think they are better than their record indicates, They tend to fall apart for stretches. 

They played better earlier in the year against a good schedule. Lately they look defeated before the game even starts. Body language is terrible. Of course I expect them to play opposite of what I’ve seen these last couple games against IU. They foul as much as they can get away with. Depending on how he game is called will be a factor. I’ve seen their opponents in the bonus at the under 16 timeout and double bonus at the under 12 timeout. If a team hits FT against them the score could get out of hand. If Ayo, and Frazier are playing well together which hasn’t happened all year then things could get interesting but Morgan should have a monster game on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They played better earlier in the year against a good schedule. Lately they look defeated before the game even starts. Body language is terrible. Of course I expect them to play opposite of what I’ve seen these last couple games against IU. They foul as much as they can get away with. Depending on how he game is called will be a factor. I’ve seen their opponents in the bonus at the under 16 timeout and double bonus at the under 12 timeout. If a team hits FT against them the score could get out of hand. If Ayo, and Frazier are playing well together which hasn’t happened all year then things could get interesting but Morgan should have a monster game on the inside.

Yes yes and yes. They are more talented than their record by a long shot but we should have our way. The longer they hang in there the worse for us. They are completely lacking confidence so we need to step on them early.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes yes and yes. They are more talented than their record by a long shot but we should have our way. The longer they hang in there the worse for us. They are completely lacking confidence so we need to step on them early.

Agree their backcourt is more talented than their record but the front court is why their record is where it is. When you have a kid ranked in the 300’s Giorgi Bezhanishvili (beat out Hofstra)to be your main front court option that’s asking a lot. Having said that i actually like what I see from him and think he will be a good player when he is older. Another kid coming off an ACL that plays below the rim more than Deron does. My guess is Feliz the other guard will get hot and torch IU

I expect IU to be ready. They know they need to be playing at a high level before that Michigan game

To be candid .....I and many others expected them to be ready..... but sadly our history shows we’ve not been ready. Here’s to hoping 2019 will be different! Lets get after it from the jump!
GO HOOSIERS!!

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Agree their backcourt is more talented than their record but the front court is why their record is where it is. When you have a kid ranked in the 300’s Giorgi Bezhanishvili (beat out Hofstra)to be your main front court option that’s asking a lot. Having said that i actually like what I see from him and think he will be a good player when he is older. Another kid coming off an ACL that plays below the rim more than Deron does. My guess is Feliz the other guard will get hot and torch IU

Kipper Nichols torched us last year I believe so that's who I'm expecting to step up for them.