Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs. Illinois - Thurs., 1/3 @ 7:00

There is this thing called not being miserable and constantly posting about it. They won, some of you guys act like they lose every single game, its beyond annoying, game threads are horrible to be in because of you guys

Hey idea, don’t read it! Couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve really been in a game thread fussing about the way we play/played but ok bud.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdn82 said:

Yeah I can’t even do game threads anymore. I watch IU basketball because I love it, not because it makes me miserable regardless of outcome. I don’t understand watching something that makes you that miserable that you have to constantly discuss how miserable watching it makes you. If it were me I would find another hobby that makes me happy.

Why do you assume people are miserable because there objective opinion isn’t optimistic?

Recently I've been been going through some old IU games on youtube. There was a home game against Illinois where IU was up 71-51 with about five minutes left and ended up winning 75-69. The broadcasters mentioned how angry Knight was afterward. Hopefully Archie feels the same way.

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Dont count on it. Iu seems to keep guys out for long strerches with any concussion stuff. Id say two weeks munimum.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

We need to be safe, but practical here. Can’t compromise kids health, but don’t want to unduly hamstring the program by applying an unnecessary/overly stringent policy.

Why do you assume people are miserable because there objective opinion isn’t optimistic?

Because some people only post negative comments. Unless those people truly feel others only want to hear their negative insight. But in real life do you like talking to people that are only negative?

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Only sometimes?

no kidding, tonight was a trainwreck for him and almost IU at the end. TO's and air-balled lay-ups and floaters that were forced.......his TO that led to the break that cut the lead to 9 with about 3:30 to play was THE reason they even threatened late. Just maddening. I hope he steps it up at Michigan, but can see IU getting blitzed largely due to being dominated at the PG.

We need to be safe, but practical here. Can’t compromise kids health, but don’t want to unduly hamstring the program by applying an unnecessary/overly stringent policy.
I agree im just guessing based on what it seems iu will do.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oddly, when we got down double digits early in the first half I didn't get nervous at all. I expected us to come back. Blowouts are easier on the nerves, but a win's a win. 12-2 and 3-0 in the conference. On to Michigan!

Yeah it’s where I am. I think we lose big there. Best team in the country imo.