Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs. Illinois - Thurs., 1/3 @ 7:00

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Apparently on the radio today, Archie said Rob will not play this week; still under concussion protocol.  :-(

Ridiculous. Guy gets bumped on the head and still can't play two weeks later? There's no way the situation with Kevin Wilson isn't having any influence here.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or possibly he has a concussion and the doctors are handling it correctly. 

It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to clear protocol for the hit he took, unless our protocol is a lot stricter than anyone else's.

How many other teams are having all the concussion problems we are?

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to clear protocol for the hit he took, unless our protocol is a lot stricter than anyone else's.

How many other teams are having all the concussion problems we are?

Maybe they aren’t handling them correctly. 

45 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Maybe our training staff is not teaching these kids how to beat the concussion protocol tests, as NFL trainers most assuredly do. Maybe they are healing fully and being cared for by the staff as if their brains and long term health are important.

The NFL is certainly an extreme example. But even when I did some research for the NBA,  most guys are returning within/around 2 weeks. I would think that alligns more closely since most of those guys probably have had minimal concussions before and are not pushing to go the following weeks game. 

This seems relevant to toughness these days....

Browns OL Coach Wylie....

“Did you know in World War I and World War II, all those guys that fought in that war, they did pushups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, [climbed up] and ran, but none of this fancy s***, and they won two world wars, two world wars by doing jumping jacks, pushups and sit-ups, two world wars,” he said in a recent episode. “You think they were worried when they were running across Normandy about f***ing stretching? Are you kidding me? … Give me my rubber band to stretch so I can run across that f***ing beach. You’ve got to be kidding me.”

You bump your head and get a knot.... you’re out for weeks? Any of you have toddlers that ever bumped their noggins’?

Certainly a concussion is serious but..... is it not being overstated these day’s?? Just sayin’..... year’s past never heard of the “protocol”

Regardless..... get healthy and back on the court guys!

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

“Did you know in World War I and World War II, all those guys that fought in that war, they did pushups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, [climbed up] and ran, but none of this fancy s***, and they won two world wars, two world wars by doing jumping jacks, pushups and sit-ups, two world wars,” he said in a recent episode. “You think they were worried when they were running across Normandy about f***ing stretching? Are you kidding me? … Give me my rubber band to stretch so I can run across that f***ing beach. You’ve got to be kidding me.”

You bump your head and get a knot.... you’re out for weeks? Any of you have toddlers that ever bumped their noggins’?

Certainly a concussion is serious but..... is it not being overstated these day’s?? Just sayin’..... year’s past never heard of the “protocol”

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

That quote is one of the most absurd things I’ve ever read.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

“Did you know in World War I and World War II, all those guys that fought in that war, they did pushups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, [climbed up] and ran, and had fantastic generals, a military with pride in their democratic institutions that was largely fighting for patriotic reasons, and superior weaponry, including a nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima, but none of this fancy s***, and they won two world wars, two world wars by doing jumping jacks, pushups and sit-ups, two world wars,” he said in a recent episode. “You think they were worried when they were running across Normandy about f***ing stretching? Are you kidding me? … Give me my rubber band to stretch so I can run across that f***ing beach. You’ve got to be kidding me.”

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

I fixed his quote for you.

3 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

Since this Browns coach feels so strongly about the superiority of WWI and WWII physical training, I have to assume Browns players are only doing jumping jacks, push ups, and sit ups along with no stretching to prepare for games. Is that correct? 

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Since this Browns coach feels so strongly about the superiority of WWI and WWII physical training, I have to assume Browns players are only doing jumping jacks, push ups, and sit ups along with no stretching to prepare for games. Is that correct? 

Idk but the guy doesn’t keep a job long and can’t seem to stay in the NFL so either way whatever he is doing doesn’t seem to effective. 

One 4 year stretch and one 3 year stretch in 38 years of working. I’m 32 years old and can top that. 

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yes!  That is exactly what the Cleveland Browns have been doing:

W / L

2008 2008 NFL AFC North 4th 4 12 0    
2009 2009 NFL AFC North 4th 5 11 0      
2010 2010 NFL AFC North 3rd 5 11 0    
2011 2011 NFL AFC North 4th 4 12 0      
2012 2012 NFL AFC North 4th 5 11 0    
2013 2013 NFL AFC North 4th 4 12 0      
2014 2014 NFL AFC North 4th 7 9 0      
2015 2015 NFL AFC North 4th 3 13 0    
2016 2016 NFL AFC North 4th 1 15 0      
2017 2017 NFL AFC North 4th 0 16 0    
2018 2018 NFL AFC North 3rd 7 8 1

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Idk but the guy doesn’t keep a job long and can’t seem to stay in the NFL so either way whatever he is doing doesn’t seem to effective. 

One 4 year stretch and one 3 year stretch in 38 years of working. I’m 32 years old and can top that. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes!  That is exactly what the Cleveland Browns have been doing:

Here is the body of a man who clearly only does jumping jacks, push ups and sit ups:

st-overall-nfl-draft-pick-myles-garrett-

Indiana doesn't stand a flying chance tonight. Illinois is notably the toughest team in the B1G right now.. from their ability to space the floor, their absolute master lock defense, and not to mention they've got the freak of nature that is Zion Williamson at forward. These Fighting Illini are a forced to be reckoned with. 

- Barrell Rick, 2019