Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Stevie Boy Wonder Fired at UCLA

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I personally do take issue with Coach Knight for that. Trivializing rape in a different era when it wasn’t as prevalent in public discussion is quite different than sweeping the act of for your star player under the rug. Isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

As well as attempting to use a Christian athlete's group to try to intimidate the victim into dropping the charges.

In my case....I'm 50 and have zero use for Dakich and Alford.  Knight was a great coach but a flawed man and at this point in my life I want to look forward and not back.  Knight has chosen to keep himself distanced from IU so I don't spend much time hoping for someone to come back that has openly rejected olive branches.

I don’t wish ill will on any of them, but glad none are employed by Indiana University.

4 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Are you sure? I was told we did reach out to Alford and several others. He was asked to come in for an interview and he told IU if you want me I will come but not going to interview, my resume should speak for itself. IU said, ok never mind then.

Not sure if what I was told is true but I trust the source, that being someone who used to work in the athletic department at IU.

*Pulls up Alford's resume*

Uh, Steve, we had just fired a coach that had at least managed a fluke run past the Sweet 16.

51 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

In my case....I'm 50 and have zero use for Dakich and Alford.  Knight was a great coach but a flawed man and at this point in my life I want to look forward and not back.  Knight has chosen to keep himself distanced from IU so I don't spend much time hoping for someone to come back that has openly rejected olive branches.

Same here and I'm 57.

Spot on about Knight and I'm 53.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dakich himself contributes to one of his biggest gripes of IU eating their own. He constantly trashes former players, the university, former coaches(until they get fired and then he defends them)
No hate for Alford from me I just personally didn’t think he was a good enough coach for a program like IU. If he never went to IU and if you are in charge would his resume be qualified enough for you to take over a program like IU? In my opinion it didn’t and I’m glad he isn’t in charge of the program I follow. Doesn’t mean I wish him failure moving forward. When he coaches again I wish him nothing but success

See, I don't hear him trashing former players at all.  I listen nearly every day at least for a little bit.   Do you have examples of who he's trashed?  I simply haven't heard that, and in fact go so far as to say he goes out of his way to credit former players, and was one who was big time in the camp to get Wittman or Smart interviews at Indiana.

He was hard on Leary when he got involved in his criminal activity; and should have.  But who else?  Serious question.

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I would still love to get Fred Glass full of truth serum and find out exactly what went on after Crean was fired. Because his "check plus plus" speech seemed to be setting the stage for Alford's triumphant return. It's very possible I'm wrong -- I am quite often -- but I still think that was his initial plan, then after encountering a ton of backlash from fans, alumni, etc., who wanted no part of Alford, he switched gears. ... And although Alford later said he was "100 percent not going to Indiana," my guess is if offered the job, he would've taken it in a second. 

Thank God for backlash! 

Didn’t watch Alford play, but I cannot have any respect for a man who has made the choices he’s made and is incapable of admitting fault. Dakich is just an obnoxious radio personality who seems to harbor an unhealthy amount of jealousy and spite. Knight is just a very flawed man from a far distant generation who is too stubborn to forgive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

53 here and pretty much the exact same sentiments. No ill will towards DD or Alford but life goes on. I wanted Donovan or Stevens but neither one of them were coming. 

Very happy with the coach we have and the things he's doing. I think the program is headed in a good direction. 

Guyton, Buckner, Evans, Troy Williams, Bryant off the top of my head. Trashed current players yogi ,Blackmon, Darren (or in his words whatever the heck his name is. Talking about deron last year. I listened to him everyday at work since he started at 1070 the fan up until a couple months ago. During that time he has definitely gotten more vocal and hostile. Buckner “never worked a day in his life but first in line for a handout”. Depends on when you listen I guess because on Monday of one show when Crean was coach he said “these are they type of kids that will get you fired”. Crean gets fired and during a stretch where Archie and IU struggled the next year on Wednesday with the same kids it’s “Crean left Archie with loads of talent. This roster should contend for a B1G title” lol. Plenty more examples over the years.

Before the season he said IU will be 2 most watched team in college basketball behind Duke and devonte green would be a breakout star? As someone who has coached do you honestly think he really saw something in they way green ended the year playing that would warrant him to be all in on green. I’ve listened to him enough to know when he saying some things to it setup so that if it happens he looks like a genius and if it doesn’t he will trash Archie for underperforming. He is and always will be a great basketball mind and I value that knowledge but for me he went to must listen radio to if I catch him I will listen until he trashes the program on one of his IU administration and coaching staff sucks tirades

Great post, a pretty comprehensive look at DD and what he is, a walking contradiction and instigator that’s largely directed at Indiana.

This is a guy who admittedly says things to get under people’s skin for his own amusement and because IU has such a huge fan base and he seeks ratings, a lot of the stupidity comes our way.

36 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I find it odd how some people are seem so happy he got fired... “Once a Hoosier always a Hoosier” sounding like a whole lotta BS.

He's done some... Questionable ... things since he was a Hoosier. I think that's where some people's dislike comes from. I don't care what happens to him either way. His time at IU was before I was born.