Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Ola Depot

Mike DeBord Retiring

15 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Saw a post on another IU board that Applewhite is someone we need to go after.

But this is IU football. We'll probably promote one of the waterboys.

Ha!  That's what I was thinking earlier!

20181231_140907.jpg

I'd really prefer to not hire from within this time.  We already did that once; let's get some fresh eyes on a team that, frankly, stunk.

On the defensive side of the ball I get it. Especially who he hired. I too would want him to go outside to hire an OC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

On the defensive side of the ball I get it. Especially who he hired. I too would want him to go outside to hire an OC.

I just don't think it'd be a bad thing to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to a team that was bad in the first place.  That said, I 1000% expect them to hire form within.

Just now, Old Friend said:

If good for Peyton Ramsey means he will be the 2nd or 3rd guy...then yes.  We have seen what Ramsey can do.  We are a 5-7 team with him.  At best,

Not even close. If he had the defense of two years ago we were probably a 8-4 team

Is it just me or does it seem like this has been really quiet so far on who the replacement could be. I know it was just announced last night but I’m still surprised there haven’t been any leaks so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

If good for Peyton Ramsey means he will be the 2nd or 3rd guy...then yes.  We have seen what Ramsey can do.  We are a 5-7 team with him.  At best,

We've seen what Ramsey can do with an inept offensive coordinator. I'm excited to possibly see what he can do with a competent one. If one of the other players beats him out then great. They'd have to be pretty good to beat out a junior Ramsey. 

We've seen what Ramsey can do with an inept offensive coordinator. I'm excited to possibly see what he can do with a competent one. If one of the other players beats him out then great. They'd have to be pretty good to beat out a junior Ramsey. 

Sorry but Ramsey has a very weak arm and unless the new OC can fix that he won’t be playing imo.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What did you possibly see out of the kid that excites you?  He has a weak arm, slow feet in the pocket, and he's inaccurate beyond 10-15 yards.  Seriously, man....Ramsey is what he is.  He's very, very average as a quarterback.  All of you that love to sling blame other directions make me question what you're watching.  Fact :  Peyton Ramsey was 93rd of 129 FBS schools in yards per attempt.  More than five yards behind the top 2 and 2 yards behind the top 20.    How you place zero blame on him for that is simply laughable.  He is captain check down. Why? Because he can''t make the throws down the field consistently.

11 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You're the only person on Earth who thinks this, Mr. Ramsey.  Happy New Year.

Lol why back up your blind hatred with facts when petty insults will do. 

Ramsey is a game manager asking him to score 30+ points a game was a flawed proposition from the start. The defense from 2 years ago wins the minny and Purdue games and one of the others. 

Dont ask a player to do something out of their scope then blame them. That would be like playing Juwan Morgan as a point then say he’s struggling because he can’t do it.