Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

If we were to leave Adidas. Who is your pick?

If you don't care and it's unimportant to you, then why reply at all? I don't get the need to add something blatantly negative and trollish. There are plenty of ways to say that it's unimportant to you in a constructive manner.
Nothing negative or trollish about it. The question was asked, I simply as answered that it doesnt matter to me because it's low on my list. I can only answer if I name a brand?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So I would the people who are upset at Nike for Political statements are also upset at Adidas for continuing to back Kanye. 

Because otherwise I don’t think the issue is with political statements as much as political statements you disagree with. 

I agree with this. All shoe companies have various degrees of political influence. I am of the mind the best deal.

Edit: I should add staying with Adidas seems like the best course because of relationships with AAU. It would be hard to flip that switch if you catch my drift.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm a big fan of freedom of speech , so your implied argument that it should be punished sways me towards Nike.   That said, I don't like the never ending flow of pajama like crazy schemes they, and also Adidas, are rolling out for various teams.  So I'd go with Under Armour.

I’m a fan of freedom of speech as well and don’t mind people or organizations making a stand but while there are not legal ramifications for this, there most certainly will be monetary ones. That said, if a brand like Nike pushes in all their chips in support of Kaepernick, they do so knowing they are going to piss off a lot of people and get high fives from the rest.

I think it’s important to stand for something but those stances come with repercussions and with Indiana being a red state, I imagine Nike didn’t do themselves a favor in the state with that move often supported by the blue

I think myself and most teenage players / recruits care most about the look and popularity of the brand. Nike has subjectively the best looking gear and most variety of basketball shoes. I think they’re option 1a, and Jordan is 1b, for basketball teams

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you don't care and it's unimportant to you, then why reply at all? I don't get the need to add something blatantly negative and trollish. There are plenty of ways to say that it's unimportant to you in a constructive manner.

Kinda what I was thinking.

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Nothing negative or trollish about it. The question was asked, I simply as answered that it doesnt matter to me because it's low on my list. I can only answer if I name a brand?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The entire point of the thread is naming a brand so...do what you want, but don’t be shocked that your post is getting called out. 

I’m cool with Adidas, but if we were to change my vote is for Nike. The political stuff doesn’t bother me because I don’t really pay attention to it and it’s a high quality brand all around on the actual merchandise side.

No thanks on UA. I work with them now and it’s not the best, especially for basketball. 

Picking Nike on quality and brand alone. Separately, I’m glad they supported Kaepernick. The campaign launched around him and other athletes was very in-line with their brand as well.

I also understand why people would choose to stop supporting a brand because of their political stances, but if that’s the case don’t stop at Nike. Many (maybe most?) brands take strong positions in all issues - they just aren’t so forthcoming about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So I would the people who are upset at Nike for Political statements are also upset at Adidas for continuing to back Kanye. 

Because otherwise I don’t think the issue is with political statements as much as political statements you disagree with. 

Incorrect.  I was not aware of Adidas' backing of Kanye.  But good guess.  (My answer was Under Armour. Who do they back?)

I'm a big fan of freedom of speech , so your implied argument that it should be punished sways me towards Nike.   That said, I don't like the never ending flow of pajama like crazy schemes they, and also Adidas, are rolling out for various teams.  So I'd go with Under Armour.

I’m also a fan of free speech. But every decision made has consequences and my choosing not support them doesn’t violate their right to free speech. They have the right to express themselves and/or support whomever they choose, however they must deal with the consequence of losing customers like me because of that decision. It’s not a First Amendment violation because I’m not suggesting the government should prohibit them supporting him. I hope they continue to support folks like CK....and go bankrupt while doing so. Now I know that won’t happen but a boy can dream, right?