Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Jacksonville - Game Thread - 12/22/18

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Forrester and Moore will be solid, in time. I wish Moore would have redshirted though. Forrester will be a spark plug off the bench in the future that will rebound all over the floor, disrupt shots, and get garbage man buckets.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agree on Forrester, not on Moore.  Moore is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen.

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can be improved. He can block and alter shots and can be a great rebounder. Has potential to really impact the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't see it.  He couldn't guard guys from Jacksonville.   I know he had a decent outing against Penn State, but his feet are just...slow.  I see a tall kid who doesn't move well.  Maybe not yet, but he's 3/8ths of the way through his career..better start happening soon.  He needs speed ladder work.

Outside of my love for Juwan Morgan (tough as nails, intelligent on and off the court, driven, humble, hard working, etc) and his effort and success against Jacksonville, the one thing that really started to hit home for me was that Al Durham is still only a sophomore.  For some reason, and I can't put a finger on that reason, I seem to forget he's still an underclassman.  I do think his improvement from year one to year two (thus far) has been impressive.  I'm excited to see this kid continue to develop.  I will be the first to admit that when he arrived on campus I was not expecting him to have the role he does, and he deserves the time he's getting without question.  What a pleasant surprise in that class.
I thought last year, based on his performance in a few games, he had a high ceiling. My biggest question was whether he could develop his jump shot. I think he answered that .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 12/25/2018 at 11:36 AM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I thought last year, based on his performance in a few games, he had a high ceiling. My biggest question was whether he could develop his jump shot. I think he answered that .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had the same question.  I agree he's answered that.