Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

What will it take to win #6

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Aeggie said:

We made much more progress defensively than offensively but we moved in the right direction on both sides of the ball this year. If it's true that pack line teams generally take a step in year three defensively that could be a top 20 unit.

By both KenPom and Bart Torvik, we actually rated out worse on offense this season than we did the year prior. Our rank may have climbed ten spots on KenPom, but our actual Adjusted Offensive Efficiency dropped a few ticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maedhros said:

By both KenPom and Bart Torvik, we actually rated out worse on offense this season than we did the year prior. Our rank may have climbed ten spots on KenPom, but our actual Adjusted Offensive Efficiency dropped a few ticks.

109.4 to 109.1 isn't a few ticks. It's a difference of less than one percent against more conference games in a tougher league while facing much more roster instability than last year's team faced. I think it's pretty tough to argue that the offense was worse in light of those factors. I think the offense is on the right track but I think we'll see a bigger jump in defensive prowess than offensive prowess again this upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got done listening to a recent interview on another site with Greg Graham. One thing that I think is strange is that None of the coaches since the Knight firing has ever contacted him to talk with the team or help out in any way. He said Archie has not either and he’s not sure if his system at Dayton is going to cut it in the Big Ten. I really liked Greg Graham growing up. Such a great Indiana kid.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Just got done listening to a recent interview on another site with Greg Graham. One thing that I think is strange is that None of the coaches since the Knight firing has ever contacted him to talk with the team or help out in any way. He said Archie has not either and he’s not sure if his system at Dayton is going to cut it in the Big Ten. I really liked Greg Graham growing up. Such a great Indiana kid.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Listened to the same interview and was impressed by what he had to say.  I go back to way before the Knight era and IU's swagger didn't start with him, it was there before.  That is what made IU so great.  Somehow we have lost that and I don't see us getting it back.  Being great is more than recruiting 5* and 4* athletes.  It is about an attitude that says, "We are Indiana and you aren't going to beat us on our home floor, and if you beat us anywhere else, you are going to know that you have been in a fight."  It was obvious that Greg knows all about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BottomLine said:

Listened to the same interview and was impressed by what he had to say.  I go back to way before the Knight era and IU's swagger didn't start with him, it was there before.  That is what made IU so great.  Somehow we have lost that and I don't see us getting it back.  Being great is more than recruiting 5* and 4* athletes.  It is about an attitude that says, "We are Indiana and you aren't going to beat us on our home floor, and if you beat us anywhere else, you are going to know that you have been in a fight."  It was obvious that Greg knows all about that.

Can't say it's never going to come back. In college sports it is all about getting the right coach. Indiana is 0-3 on that since Knight. I'm still giving Archie one more year. I love what I'm hearing from TJD and Armaan. Sound like the guys we all want. I think Rob Phinisee and Al Durham will be two more guys that are big for culture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, Bowhunter said:

Just got done listening to a recent interview on another site with Greg Graham. One thing that I think is strange is that None of the coaches since the Knight firing has ever contacted him to talk with the team or help out in any way.

I guess I don't get why this would be expected.  I like Greg Graham, but he is the guy that coached Warren Central to an 80-74 record over seven seasons.  Coach before him went 185-104 and the coach after has went 86-18.  Graham was a pretty good player here in the early 1990s here who had never really managed to be able to stick at the NBA level.  He's not the type of player that is going to excite players who were born after his playing career ended.  

I guess I simply don't get why it would be 'strange' that he wasn't asked to 'help out'.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×