Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

RIP - Terry Hutchens - 1958-2018

What’s sad is the last article I could find he wrote. Within the last week. Since I was a teenager he is who I remember mostly as a writer of IU. There have been others but he has been around over 20 years now.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/terry-hutchens-column-death-of-anderson-makes-six-former-iu/article_193d2fb8-fe29-11e8-9d86-1315943a21a2.html

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

When Terry was at the Indy Star, he was my go-to guy for IU updates. Hoping there will be good news on this front. 

I'm no doctor or police officer, but from the article posted, it almost sounded as if he might have had a medical issue before the accident. Whatever the case, will be thinking of and praying for him and his family. I hope he's back covering the Hoosiers soon. 

Yeah, that article doesn't sound good.  I played golf with him once at an Indianapolis Children;s Bureau outing.   Met him several other times and he actually pinged me here and on Twitter several times just to gab.  This sucks. A nice man; and I'm praying for him.

Wishing him the best. When talking to him on here whether on the forums or in the staff section he was one of the nicest people I’ve ever talked to. Pull through it and get back to doing what you love good sir!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah man. He had every right to come in with an ego and he never did with us behind the scenes. As busy as he was he would try and engage people because we asked him to. He didn’t need us. Could have told us to piss off. He didn’t. He loved writing and discussing IU athletics. He really is a normal dude that loves all things IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

When Terry was at the Indy Star, he was my go-to guy for IU updates. Hoping there will be good news on this front. 

I'm no doctor or police officer, but from the article posted, it almost sounded as if he might have had a medical issue before the accident. Whatever the case, will be thinking of and praying for him and his family. I hope he's back covering the Hoosiers soon. 

That's basically what his wife posted on Facebook. Sounds like he had a medical condition that caused him to pass out which led to the accident.

Interestingly when I told someone in my family who is a doctor what happened they said there was no way he could of passed out from an accident at that speed and he thought he had some medical condition before the crash.

Good call by you and an expert medical professional who knew nothing about the accident other than what was read in the newspaper.   

Really Hoping Terry recovers and wish him and his family the best.