Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

RIP - Terry Hutchens - 1958-2018

Thinking about his tenure, did he ever cover the most volatile period for Indiana.  Knight's last days, the Neil Reed incident, the firing, Mike Davis, 2002 Finals run, Davis fired, Sampson hired, scandal and firing, Tom Crean, the build up, the bust, and hiring Archie.  And that's just basketball.  6 football coaches and a LOT of bad football Saturdays there.  I feel bad that he never really got to catch one of those programs in stride (2002 season being a blip).  He preached a lot of patience and perspective when it came to building these programs back to where they need to be, it's too bad that he won't get to witness it when it happens.  

I felt like he had the perfect balance of being one of us, but reported without being a homer.  He had the same love for Assembly Hall that we all have (most of us!).   He didn't just do his job, he got us and tapped into what makes our community so special.  He played a big role in nurturing that community.  

So sad.  

What a sad story. Loved reading Hutch’s work and was always excited when I heard he had a new book coming out. When we got him to join here, it was an incredible step up for the site and I think we are all better for working alongside Hutch, even if it was only a brief period. I’ll be sending my thoughts his family’s way, it must be harder given that it is the holiday season. 

Didn’t know him, but clearly he was a guy who loved and invested in people. One example we all witnessed, during his time here he supported various students (I believe he had a class), and would give them the opportunity to write content on the site under their name. He then would request and collect feedback from the board for the student. Love seeing those people who give themselves and what they have to others and pour themselves into making others better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners