Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ray

Juwan Morgan's climb up the all-time scoring record list

24 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

It's sad. I actually thought of that today. Zeller, Watford, Oladipo, Hulls and Yogi with Sheehey as the 6th man.....no reason that team didn't make it to the Final 4. Well except 1 reason. SMH

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

So sad that we've been shaking our heads for half a decade.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

That's all the longer you've been shaking it?  Mine feels like it's got Parkinson's from of decades of shaking

I was just referring to the shakes I've been experiencing since the Syracuse zone.

Juwan did it all last night, further proving he is All-American material. He became the second player in school history to record a triple-double on his way to becoming 49th on the all-time career scoring leader board with 1,040 points. 

Here is a list of this season’s triple-double performers, each with only one on their resume. 

Jose Perez gardner-webb.svgGardner-Webb Fr. 6-5 G 13 1
- Tarkus Ferguson ill-chicago.svgUIC Jr. 6-4 G 12 1
- Drew McDonald northern-ky.svgNorthern Ky. Sr. 6-8 F 12 1
- Ryan Woolridge north-texas.svgNorth Texas Jr. 6-3 G 12 1
- Ethan Happ wisconsin.svgWisconsin Sr. 6-10 F 11 1
- Christian Keeling charleston-so.svgCharleston So. Jr. 6-3 G 11 1
- Jimmy Whitt Jr. smu.svgSMU Jr. 6-3 G 11 1
- Zylan Cheatham arizona-st.svgArizona St. Jr. 6-8 F 10 1
- CJ Massinburg buffalo.svgBuffalo Sr. 6-3 G 10 1
- Martaveous Mcknight ark-pine-bluff.svgArk.-Pine Bluff Sr. 6-4 G 10 1
- Marlain Veal southeastern-la.svgSoutheastern La. Sr. 5-9 G 10 1
- Ja Morant murray-st.svgMurray St. So. 6-3 G 9 1
- Nick Norton drake.svgDrake Sr. 5-10 G 9 1
- Troymain Crosby alcorn.svgAlcorn So. 6-4 G 8 1
- Marcus Graves sacramento-st.svgSacramento St.

Morgan followed up his triple-double performance with another double-double, scoring 15 points and moving within 18 points of Ricky Calloway's number 48 slot.  

I have a feeling he'll move up before leaving Ann Arbor.  Indiana hasn't beat Michigan since his freshman year and I can see him performing in his beast mode to do anything and everything in his power to will Indiana to another victory.  We shall see...

For those who care, Calloway tallied those points in three seasons in Bloomington before transferring to Kansas and scoring an additional 458 points his senior season.  Had he left Bloomington one year sooner he would have been on back-to-back national championship teams...although, due to transfer rules, he would have been riding the pine to witness Larry Brown coach "Danny (Manning) and the Miracles" to 6 post-season wins and force Dick Vitale to kiss the Jayhawk on the Allen Fieldhouse floor.

I think Juwan has turned into one of IU’s Best all-time forwards regardless of where he ends up on points. Statistically, he had a slow beginning to his IU career, but he is just so solid.

He’s turned into probably my favorite IU player since Cov.

He’s just a damn good basketball player- shoots well, high IQ, tough around the basket, resilient. He’s a gamer.

What else you want, right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 1/4/2019 at 2:58 AM, ray said:

Morgan followed up his triple-double performance with another double-double, scoring 15 points and moving within 18 points of Ricky Calloway's number 48 slot.  

I have a feeling he'll move up before leaving Ann Arbor.  Indiana hasn't beat Michigan since his freshman year and I can see him performing in his beast mode to do anything and everything in his power to will Indiana to another victory.  We shall see...

Tonight, Morgan scored 25 points in just 27 minutes.  He moves into #48 with 1,080 career points.  

He had a couple fouls I thought were a bit bone-headed, but man is he a scorer with a massive will.  I was right he would move up a slot in Ann Arbor by doing everything in his power to will Indiana a victory, but he had a few unusual misses under the basket early on, three freebies at the line missed their mark, and he played fewer minutes than Indiana needed from him, so he fell short on what I'm sure was his ultimate goal for tonight.  

He's a monster, and they hounded him and made him score some very tough shots.  To score 25 against Michigan with the defensive pressure they placed on him is a pretty remarkable feat.  I hope the tides turn when Indiana meets Michigan in Bloomington in 19 days.

I know the Nebraska game was a tough blow for fans, but at least something positive can be reported here.

Juwan finished the night with 17 points bringing his career point total to 1,111.  

This was good for moving him from #48 on the all-time scoring list to #43.  He surpassed Daryl Thomas, Bobby Leonard, Joe Cook, Vernon Payne, and Marshall Strickland.  He is now only 9 points from breaking into the top 40.  He needs 5 points to pass Troy Williams, 7 points to pass Victor Oladipo, and 9 points to even up with Will Sheehey.