Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ray

Juwan Morgan's climb up the all-time scoring record list

There will be little optimism from fans after this game, and although one player's accomplishments mean little in the grand scheme of things, I will report that Morgan has now moved into 40th on Indiana's all-time career scoring list with 1,125 points.  

Had Indiana not concentrated so hard on "getting Romeo going" and instead pounded the ball inside to Juwan more, then perhaps it would have been a higher scoring affair for Juwan today.  They seemed to lose track of Morgan in their offensive flow.  

Free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...free throws...

OH, SH*T!  Sorry, I lost myself imagining I was the coach talking to my players the entire bus ride back to Bloomington.  This has nothing to do with Morgan's climb.  My apologies.

At least I have this as a positive spin.  Thank you, Juwan.

Juwan Morgan had 16 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocks in Michigan's destruction of Indiana.

He now surpasses Cody Zeller, and with his 1,159 points moves into the 39th best scorer in Indiana University men's basketball history.

Good night.

Guys on this list that did not accomplish much with regards to team success just don’t really excite me. Not fair really I know but I really wish Morgan could have been on some teams that had some tournament success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

41 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Guys on this list that did not accomplish much with regards to team success just don’t really excite me. Not fair really I know but I really wish Morgan could have been on some teams that had some tournament success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mike Woodson never really did.  Of course the tournament was different in his day.

Juwan left early due to injury, only playing 13 minutes.  He scored 5 points, grabbed 6 boards, and handed out two assists before his departure bringing his point total to 1,179 career points.  He is now 15 points away from surpassing Quinn Buckner on the all-time scoring list.  

Let's hope he's able to contribute going forward.  My guess is he'll be out Thursday regardless, unless it was something very minor.  They won't want to rush him back and take a chance on aggravating an injury to a shoulder that has already gone through some very tough times.  I noticed going into the locker room at the end of the game his left shoulder was hanging low.  Hoping for the best.

Watched this one late and wish I had not watched it at all.  Morgan scored 14 points and passed Jeffrey Newton.  He now has 1,213 career points, leaving him 4 points shy of Tom Coverdale and 8 points away from passing Steve Downing and moving into the top 35 all-time scorers at Indiana.

1 hour ago, ray said:

Morgan fouled out tonight with 9 points and 15 rebounds, which sandwiches him between the Van Arsdale brothers at 34th all time.  He is now 6 points from Tom Van Arsdale.

Out of curiosity do you know where he sits on rebounds