Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

4 Star QB Jack Tuttle transferring to IU (IMMEDIATELY ELIGIBLE)

6 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

They should sue the NCAA in that event. Take it to Federal court.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You know how UNC, Duke, Kentucky, etc. call the NCAA's bluff? Well IU is the NCAA's ***** and IU's counsel will never consider taking the NCAA to task.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think this moves Ramsey to QB3 IMO

so do I. Peyton is a great competitor/runner but man we have got to move on from the 5-7 and 6-6 seasons. I sat through a lot of bad teams in the early 80's when I was there '82-87.

He’s listed as a pro-style quarterback, whatever that means, the way they categorize guys. But to me, as I would always say, it’s about, can you extend plays? To be able to make a guy miss that’s trying to pursue you in the pass rush, to be able to step out of the pocket and get a first down?” Allen said. “He can do all those things. He can pull the ball on a zone read, he can get first downs, and he can make you pay for not honoring that.” 

Bold emphasis is mine but lol @ that comment.

40 minutes ago, upperarlington said:

so do I. Peyton is a great competitor/runner but man we have got to move on from the 5-7 and 6-6 seasons. I sat through a lot of bad teams in the early 80's when I was there '82-87.

Nearly all of us, from varying eras, sat through a lot of bad teams when we were at IU........:(

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think this moves Ramsey to QB3 IMO

From what I've read, it sounds like Ramsey is QB1...Penix is still no contact and I don't think he will be ready until the fall and Tuttle has been with the second team mostly. Need to remember that Tuttle has zero game experience at this level and he spent all of last season in Utah basically as the 3rd string QB. Also, from what I've read he needs to improve his decision making.

2 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

From what I've read, it sounds like Ramsey is QB1...Penix is still no contact and I don't think he will be ready until the fall and Tuttle has been with the second team mostly. Need to remember that Tuttle has zero game experience at this level and he spent all of last season in Utah basically as the 3rd string QB. Also, from what I've read he needs to improve his decision making.

I guess I should have stated that I meant when the first game rolls around, not now. I've seen what Ramsey can do in games, saw a brief stint of Penix and liked it. 

Nearly all of us, from varying eras, sat through a lot of bad teams when we were at IU........:(

I think I was there during the brief glory years.
86 All American Bowl
87 Peach Bowl
88 Liberty Bowl
Then worked at the HT though 95 and saw 3 more Bowl years

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

About time the NCAA acted.... OSU got their decision fairly quickly compared to IU. Glad it's done and we can move on with getting ready for the season without that question. Some good choices in that room.

Call me crazy (you probably will), but I think we'll be OK with Tuttle. Penix was billed as a dual-threat QB when he backed out of his Tennessee commitment and came to B-town. And as a freshman, he did run some -- and was somewhat effective. Until he got hurt. But this year, he didn't run. He didn't roll out. He barely even scrambled. I'm guessing the plan was to protect him and keep him safe -- for painfully obvious reasons. But we had a dual-threat QB who only posed one threat -- passing. And for the most part, he was good. But Tuttle was a four-star, pro-style QB out of high school. With a few exceptions, our offense so far as been run the ball up the gut or drop back and pass. No QB runs. Very few rollouts. This might suit Tuttle to a T. He doesn't have any experience, which is a concern, and probably doesn't have the arm strength of Penix, but he might end up even a better option than Ramsey. He just hasn't had the chance yet. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (Besides, everybody else is being a Negative Nellie -- expecting us to falter; somebody's gotta be Suzie Sunshine!)

Besides, remember what happened at Dillon High when Jason Street got paralyzed? Matt Saracen stepped right in and did the job! 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

From what I've seen and read, Tuttle's strengths are arm strength and quick release.

His big question marks will be decision making and vision.

Gotta admit, he looked fluid and comfortable doing what he was supposed to do.  Can he continue that when the playbook opens up.  

That Wisco defense is going to be a tough first test.  They are always so tough and deep.