Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

4 Star QB Jack Tuttle transferring to IU (IMMEDIATELY ELIGIBLE)

15 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Word is there is a waiver and coaches believe it will be passed and he will be eligible immediately 

Correct. Since he essentially sat out this season he can qualify for a waiver. I'm not sure how often those get rejected. I'm curious to know what Pennix thinks about all this. I have to imagine Tuttle is very talented but lets not forget he was QB3 at Utah when I'm sure the plan was to compete for the starting job. 

17 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

It's odd that we got a pro style QB when Allen has appeared to stick to dual threat QBs, unless Tuttle sought after IU and his talent was too much to turn down regardless.

Tuttle isn’t pure dual threat but he’s more agile than most pocket passers and can extend plays 

22 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Correct. Since he essentially sat out this season he can qualify for a waiver. I'm not sure how often those get rejected. I'm curious to know what Pennix thinks about all this. I have to imagine Tuttle is very talented but lets not forget he was QB3 at Utah when I'm sure the plan was to compete for the starting job. 

Tuttle was also a true freshman last year behind two upperclassmen on the depth chart. This may mean that they are going to give Penix all the time he needs to properly heal up. Also just because Penix looked promising, the team needs competition at every spot. That’s what the big programs do. Bring in a lot of talented players and let them battle it out.

Tuttle was also a true freshman last year behind two upperclassmen on the depth chart. This may mean that they are going to give Penix all the time he needs to properly heal up. Also just because Penix looked promising, the team needs competition at every spot. That’s what the big programs do. Bring in a lot of talented players and let them battle it out.

I could see both getting time throughout the course of the year depending on the play type and situation with the opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I could see both getting time throughout the course of the year depending on the play type and situation with the opponent.

Exactly! I’d rather have two solid options. There’s been too many years when the drop off from QB1 to QB2 has been drastic.

Wilson was supposed to be the Quarterback guru but it looks like Wilson has out recruited him when it comes to quarterbacks (and probably overall)

7 minutes ago, Kepner said:

I'm on board with this line of thinking. I'll take the wait and see approach with Tuttle. We had a very talented QB transfer here last year only to have him not win the starting job and quit. My concern is that Tuttle couldn't beat out Jason Shelley who's also a freshmen for the QB2 spot and who also happens to be 5'11 and not very good but my optimistic theory on this is that they wanted to redshirt Tuttle because they currently utilize mostly RPOs and when Huntley graduates they would hand to ball over to Tuttle and change up their schemes....who knows...Hopefully this kid comes in with the right attitude and wins the starting role but if not stays engaged and committed to the team to wait his turn. 

Now all we need to do is get rid of Debord!

Not happening this year or it would have already happened. They’ll probably wait and see if he can run a better offense with better QB options and if he can’t then he will be shown the door next year.