Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Football 2019 Recruiting Class

1 minute ago, lucel15 said:

From what I’m hearing it’s basically a tossup. NC state insider just appeasing his fans and what he hopes for. Others close to IU camp believe it’s a close race. 

Good insight, whats your read on the last handful of spots?  Any leans or names we should watch?

56 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Good insight, whats your read on the last handful of spots?  Any leans or names we should watch?

Knew Tim Weaver was coming should’ve dropped something or a hint.... but I’m a hs assistant wrestling coach and a middle school head coach. So I have been busy as of late. I like chances at Sanguitti spelling is way off there. I like our chances with getting Kristian Williams....I like TJ Jones but that one is like Powell everyone in both those guys camp is basically saying it’s too close. Latrell Jean (DT) I think is a take no matter what....even with Whitner moving from OL to DL (rumored where they see him actually) kid from IMG we just signed in December. I like our chances if we offer Tolliver. 

10 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Knew Tim Weaver was coming should’ve dropped something or a hint.... but I’m a hs assistant wrestling coach and a middle school head coach. So I have been busy as of late. I like chances at Sanguitti spelling is way off there. I like our chances with getting Kristian Williams....I like TJ Jones but that one is like Powell everyone in both those guys camp is basically saying it’s too close. Latrell Jean (DT) I think is a take no matter what....even with Whitner moving from OL to DL (rumored where they see him actually) kid from IMG we just signed in December. I like our chances if we offer Tolliver. 

Do you know if there is any chance with Dawand Jones or is he going with one of the big boys that he is considering?

33 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Do you know if there is any chance with Dawand Jones or is he going with one of the big boys that he is considering?

There is a legit sincereness from his side and his passion to stay in state and play for IU. If this were December and I was told he’d still be uncommitted.......by now....I’d say you’re crazy because everything pointed to big boys. I’d still give upper hand to OSU and penn state. But from what I’ve heard and I live on the west side is there is a legit shot with IU. 

2 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Kristian Williams is a bit of a surprise for me, I thought following his commitment to Minney we wouldn't hear about him until the start of B1G play.  With that said...I would love to have him in B'ton.

There is a legit sincereness from his side and his passion to stay in state and play for IU. If this were December and I was told he’d still be uncommitted.......by now....I’d say you’re crazy because everything pointed to big boys. I’d still give upper hand to OSU and penn state. But from what I’ve heard and I live on the west side is there is a legit shot with IU. 

Do you think it has anything to do with the chance to walk on to the basketball team as well?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Kristian Williams is a bit of a surprise for me, I thought following his commitment to Minney we wouldn't hear about him until the start of B1G play.  With that said...I would love to have him in B'ton.

Yeah. He was going to sign. But then rumblings of his position coach leaving were true. And also IU caught wind of PJ and Co up there. Basically took cheap shots and low blows at Tom Allen and staff. Tom Allen and co caught wind of it and got right back in Williams ear. He hasn’t been committed to Minny since beginning of January. Just hasnt made it public. I’d be surprised if Oregon gets the signature. I think it’s IU or Memphis. From my contact. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Do you think it has anything to do with the chance to walk on to the basketball team as well?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Possibly......I think he’s realized his best chances for a pro contract is the nfl route whereas last year around this time he was pretty much set on playing basketball D1 level. Do I think he plays meaningful minutes....no. Could he provide at least a big body and nimble feet who isn’t afraid to make contact down in the post.....yes and do I think he puts that into his decision I’d say a slight chance just because of how long this has been drug out. 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, lucel15 said:

Yeah. He was going to sign. But then rumblings of his position coach leaving were true. And also IU caught wind of PJ and Co up there. Basically took cheap shots and low blows at Tom Allen and staff. Tom Allen and co caught wind of it and got right back in Williams ear. He hasn’t been committed to Minny since beginning of January. Just hasnt made it public. I’d be surprised if Oregon gets the signature. I think it’s IU or Memphis. From my contact. 

Now hearing its Oregon and IU

#21 - S Josh Sanguinetti 

@DavidFurones_: BREAKING: University School safety Josh Sanguinetti is signing with Indiana #IUFB over BC and Miss. St.

It was a tough process for @J3_era, but the recruiting whirlwind lands him with the Hoosiers with a shot to prove himself at the next level. His story: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/recruiting/fl-sp-josh-sanguinetti-nsd-20190206-story.html

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

#21 - S Josh Sanguinetti 

@DavidFurones_: BREAKING: University School safety Josh Sanguinetti is signing with Indiana #IUFB over BC and Miss. St.

It was a tough process for @J3_era, but the recruiting whirlwind lands him with the Hoosiers with a shot to prove himself at the next level. His story: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/recruiting/fl-sp-josh-sanguinetti-nsd-20190206-story.html

Completely interesting: This young man was a 5* ranked as high as #20 overall (!) previously.

Injured and suspended for four games during his senior year. ALL of the big, big boys wanted him during his junior year.

@StuJTH: #iufb's 2019 recruiting class currently sits at No. 36 nationally in Rivals' team rankings. Should it hold, it would be the Hoosiers' highest finish in the Rivals era (since 2002). Previous best was 38th in 2013 and 2014:

@ByTeddyBailey: Tom Allen's 2019 class is now ranked No. 38 nationally, per @247Sports. IU program record is 42nd in 2013 (Antonio Allen, Darius Latham, David Kenney, Rashard Fant, etc.) #iufb

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Completely interesting: This young man was a 5* ranked as high as #20 overall (!) previously.

Injured and suspended for four games during his senior year. ALL of the big, big boys wanted him during his junior year.

He's really slow for his position. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a 4-5 star DB running a 4.86 forty. His vertical also needs work. Hopefully that's something he can improve by working with our S&C staff because you can't make plays when you're getting beat down the field. He also needs to gain 30-40 lbs. Hopefully he comes in, works his butt off and shows the big boys who were recruiting him that they made a mistake in passing on him.

Edited by KzooHoosier82

Based on 247 rankings, 13 of Indiana's best 25 recruits since rankings began will be on the team next year. The 2019 class has the 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 11th best Indiana recruits all-time.

9 of those 13 are 2018 or 2019 recruits - the future is ripe with potential.

This does not include Tuttle.