Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Football 2019 Recruiting Class

I would suggest if you can find the Coach Allen interview about signing day, do so and watch it. He’s growing as a HC alluded again that there will be changes on his behalf on how he handles this program. He knows he needs to fully hand over the D, he will still be involved at practices, just not calling plays.  He spoke with a conviction I truly have not seen in him. He’s always been passionate, but that meeting was just different at least in my mind I felt he looked and spoke differently. I’m excited to see how this young team grows and develops especially with the addition of this class. Let’s get 3-5 more signed in february. Man today was a fun day. 

1 hour ago, lucel15 said:

I would suggest if you can find the Coach Allen interview about signing day, do so and watch it. He’s growing as a HC alluded again that there will be changes on his behalf on how he handles this program. He knows he needs to fully hand over the D, he will still be involved at practices, just not calling plays.  He spoke with a conviction I truly have not seen in him. He’s always been passionate, but that meeting was just different at least in my mind I felt he looked and spoke differently. I’m excited to see how this young team grows and develops especially with the addition of this class. Let’s get 3-5 more signed in february. Man today was a fun day. 

I like this, but again, I want to see it.  I want to see halftime adjustments, creative game plans, teams that don't commit mental mistake after mental mistake and stupid, brainless "fake tough guy" penalties.  I have very little interest in words from him or this program.  It's time to produce and do so with some good, solid fundamental coaching.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

I like this, but again, I want to see it.  I want to see halftime adjustments, creative game plans, teams that don't commit mental mistake after mental mistake and stupid, brainless "fake tough guy" penalties.  I have very little interest in words from him or this program.  It's time to produce and do so with some good, solid fundamental coaching.

Yes I would like to see more results and less talk but Allen never said he was going to let go of play callings in the offseason last year. I believe he will follow through. But old friend I guess we will have to wait until he announces it and wait until the fall.  But hey happy signing day

34 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Yes I would like to see more results and less talk but Allen never said he was going to let go of play callings in the offseason last year. I believe he will follow through. But old friend I guess we will have to wait until he announces it and wait until the fall.  But hey happy signing day

Did he ever actually say he would?  All I remember him saying is maybe.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Agree

56 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Did he ever actually say he would?  All I remember him saying is maybe.

In the interview or press conference. I’m pretty sure that Allen said. “I know I have to hand over the defensive play calling, I will still have a hand in prep, but I need to become that coach who oversees all parts on game day and is there for every person on this team” something along those lines and then went in to acknowledge he knows he didn’t manage his time well and that time needs to be shared with the players, and not just the defensive players and scheming. So I’m pretty confident that after today’s interview we should hear from allen at some point saying he’s no longe DC and HC 

14 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

In the interview or press conference. I’m pretty sure that Allen said. “I know I have to hand over the defensive play calling, I will still have a hand in prep, but I need to become that coach who oversees all parts on game day and is there for every person on this team” something along those lines and then went in to acknowledge he knows he didn’t manage his time well and that time needs to be shared with the players, and not just the defensive players and scheming. So I’m pretty confident that after today’s interview we should hear from allen at some point saying he’s no longe DC and HC 

Could've been something more recent, last I remembered him saying was earlier in the offseason that he might turn over defensive responsibility to focus on other HC duties.

30 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Could've been something more recent, last I remembered him saying was earlier in the offseason that he might turn over defensive responsibility to focus on other HC duties.

Yes that was in an interview with a radio station in Louisville I believe. This interview I’m talking about was his press conference today after the signing day stuff. 

12 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Yep, the talent has been elevated. Same needs to happen for the coaching. We should have been better than 5 wins this year. Coaching needs to improve or else some shakeups on the staff need to be made. 

I will say as negative as I feel like I have been with the coaching, I never thought in a million years that Allen would bring in a top 35-40 recruiting class with 4 of the top 6 guys from Indiana. Just didn't see that happening in general at IU. He and his staff clearly have worked their butts off to convince kids to wear the crimson and cream even without the accoldates of being ranked/going to bowl games etc. Hopefully, this is the start of that. 

That's all for now. CTA would like to add 5 more - 2 OL, 1 DL, 1 DB, 1 WR. Link

38/10 B1G - ESPN

39/10 B1G - Rivals

40/10 B1G - 247

ATH DaShaun Brown - St Catherines, WI 
LS Sean Wracher - St. Ignatius, OH 
QB David Tuttle (Utah transfer)
RB Ivory Winters - Hayti, MO 
RB Sampson James - Avon, IN 
WR David Ellis - Chippewa Valley, MI 
WR Jordan Jakes - St. Francis Academy, GA 
TE Gary Cooper - Columbus, FL 
OG Michael Katic - Pine-Richland, PA 
OT Matthew Bedford - Cordova, TN 

DE Beau Robbins - Carmel, IN
DT Antoine Whitner - IMG Academy, FL
DT CJ Person - Montgomery Prep, AL 
DT (JUCO) Juan Harris - Chicago, IL 
DT Jeramy Passmore - Columbus, FL 
DT Sio Nofoagatoto'a - Clearwater Academy, FL 
LB Cameron Williams - Andrean, IN
LB Kervens Bonhomme - Clearwater Academy, FL 
CB Larry Tracy - Decatur Central, IN 
CB Tiawan Mullen - Coconut Creek, FL 

On 12/20/2018 at 8:13 AM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I will say as negative as I feel like I have been with the coaching, I never thought in a million years that Allen would bring in a top 35-40 recruiting class with 4 of the top 6 guys from Indiana. Just didn't see that happening in general at IU. He and his staff clearly have worked their butts off to convince kids to wear the crimson and cream even without the accoldates of being ranked/going to bowl games etc. Hopefully, this is the start of that. 

Honestly, I'm not that surprised.  He's a Hoosier, an ex-IHSAA football player and an ex-HC at one of the most prominent high school football program in the state.  And of the IHSAA high school football coaches I've spoken to, they say they really like what they are seeing in Btown and enjoy his open door policy.  Bottom line, he's a character guy that relates.  And if, if, he succeeds at IU it's quite possible he doesn't ever leave IU.