Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

moyemayhem

Romeo Langford article from CBS Sports (Matt Norlander)

38 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

Romeo Langford is the chosen prince of Indiana basketball and is leading the revival of a blueblood program

Another really nice article on Romeo.  Great stuff from Romeo and Tim Langford and Archie in this.

Nice Find.  Thank you.  I love articles like this, and with a kid like Romeo it seems deserving.

47 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Nice article. Things would be ugly without him.

Absolutely. That’s why he was a must get. He would’ve been anyway just because he’s that good. IU would be downright terrible without him

Absolutely. That’s why he was a must get. He would’ve been anyway just because he’s that good. IU would be downright terrible without him
Sounds like his mom wanted him at vandy with the AD. Maybe we got a bit lucky but luck is all you need sometimes

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. Romeo Langford is the perfect ambassador for the new era of IU basketball. He’s just awesome. Plain and simple

And thank goodness if you’re an Indiana fan.

And thank goodness if you care about Romeo. Bloomington is the best place for him. He knew he could be counted on to be a major factor, and he knew he would be.  He knew this was an opportunity to shine on a team in need, and he knew it was a chance to stay closer to home one more year.

Then, there’s what happens in the future. He will continue to be a humble and wonderful character, or so most anyone would suspect. That bodes well for Indiana...the university and the state. And it all bodes well for Romeo...the state already adores him, he chose home, and he’s going to have a spectacular season. He begins what many expect to be the trend of going back to in-state talent and creating championship caliber teams. Whether he plays one year or more, he’ll make a mark on the legend that is the program and the legend that has been created by Romeo’s abilities and his father’s presence and insight. 

Romeo’s dad surely would admit this made the most sense for his future career.

Now, do I think IU would be terrible without him? No, I doubt it. They wouldn’t win nearly as many games this year though. Someone would step up well, but no one is capable of filling his shoes and his role on this year’s roster. Do I think they would be terrible, though? Doubtful. Mediocre, maybe...but even that is doubtful. I think they would compete with some big teams...win a couple and lose others. However, their chances of post-season success (especially), is credit to the ADDITION of Romeo (to not SUBTRACT anything from other players proudly wearing Cream and Crimson by choice).