Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

With Quade Green and Quinerly (Villanova) transferring at the semester, does IU make a run at either of these guys? I still think Archie would love to add another guard for next year and these are both 5 stars. I’m never a fan of picking up guys who quit on their team in the middle of the season - but wanted to get people’s thoughts.

25 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

With Quade Green and Quinerly (Villanova) transferring at the semester, does IU make a run at either of these guys? I still think Archie would love to add another guard for next year and these are both 5 stars. I’m never a fan of picking up guys who quit on their team in the middle of the season - but wanted to get people’s thoughts.

This is a good question.  The first thing that I would think about is how it would impact scholarships taking on a student at semester.  I'm ASSUMING that they would occupy a scholarship during the 2nd semester of this year, and thus, I see it as highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, JHoosier914 said:

This is a good question.  The first thing that I would think about is how it would impact scholarships taking on a student at semester.  I'm ASSUMING that they would occupy a scholarship during the 2nd semester of this year, and thus, I see it as highly unlikely.

Yeah, scholarships have to be taken into account.  I'm not certain how it works with mid-season transfers other than they'd be eligible middle of next season.

Yeah, scholarships have to be taken into account.  I'm not certain how it works with mid-season transfers other than they'd be eligible middle of next season.

Sounds like a question for USPS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Beachfront Property said:

Really good question but I don't think they go to IU. I think it is the same reason most 5 stars in '19 didn't choose IU-Rob Phinisee. He looks like he is the man. 

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Committed to Arizona originally and backed out after his name was brought up in fbi investigation

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The cynical side of me thinks he should of just ignored that his name was mentioned and taken the money from Arizona. The worthless NCAA won’t do squat and the AZ recruiting train just keeps ticking. They have a cloud over their head but have signed two 5-stars and two 4-stars. Just crazy.

16 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Really good question but I don't think they go to IU. I think it is the same reason most 5 stars in '19 didn't choose IU-Rob Phinisee. He looks like he is the man. 

I agree with statement 1.

I think statement 2 is revisionist history.  Most (all?) of the '19 guys had made their choice before Phinisee ever played a game.