Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Butler Game Thread 12/15

54 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly I agree but that’s not necessarily good for IU. Was top 10 projection to start the season and now slipping.

I think another year to work on his shot and dribbling would be good for him but with the nature of NBA drafting and their love for new shiny objects it hurts things a little.

Not really sure what’s best but him going in the lottery would be ideal.

I said he is probably 2 years away from helping an NBA team earlier this year and got crucified.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That’s a win that will propel you through a season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thinking the same thing as the team was mobbing Phinissee. Could be a spark that lights a much larger fire. As frustrated as I’ve been with the “eye test” of this team offensively, it sure does feel good to finally be on the winning side of these nail biters. So used to expecting to lose these. This team is gonna be ready for March if they keep pulling these out. We have 5 wins over pomeroy top 50 teams already!! 

Was there for both games today and I'll start by saying it was so nice to be on the other end of a buzzer beater for once as I have literally seen IU lose at the Buzzer 3 times in Bankers Life Fieldhouse previously (Hoffarber heave in 2008 for Minny, Barlow buzzer beater in 2012 for Butler and Chatman for Michigan in 2016). Archie seems to have turned our luck around at Bankers Life with 2 thrilling wins there in 2 years (I personally missed my only Crossroads Classic in person ever last year for an important family event) after so many struggles there with Crean and other coaches previously.

First game I have to say PU looks dreadful and an NIT team at best with nothing but Edwards. ND looks like a bubble team although losing Pflueger probably for year hurts. IU and Butler look like solid tourney teams and just playing for seeding. Second game was way better than first overall.

I have seen some confusion on what the fan breakdown was and I would say it was about 60% IU with Butler and Purdue 20% each and Notre Dame no one (not literally but no more than a few hundred and nothing significant). I also was curious to see how many IU fans would help root ND on in the first game and there were not many as PU had most of the noise from their pocket of fans but overall game had little atmosphere. Second game was a great atmosphere with it being about 80-20 IU and reminded me of a tourney atmosphere where the close by 1 seed gets 80% of the fans and the other teams fan base and rest of the fan bases root against you (in this case just PU and Butler fans).

I also had my best seat ever as I was able to buy a ticket through IU at the last minute for face value in club level as a season ticket holder (I had always bought on secondary market in balcony previous years). Overall happy to see Vic there as well as several other former players and what a great win!

31 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Because it doesn't bode well for selling to recruits that you can maximize their draft stock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Are you saying his draft stock would be higher if he went somewhere else? I think this whole conversation is a little premature. I'm not an NBA scout, so I don't have the first clue where Romeo will go in the draft, but this whole argument is a slippery slope. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I don't have the first clue. To me it's hard to believe that Romeo would be shooting better from 3 @ Kansas right now.

2 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Are you saying his draft stock would be higher if he went somewhere else? I think this whole conversation is a little premature. I'm not an NBA scout, so I don't have the first clue where Romeo will go in the draft, but this whole argument is a slippery slope. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I don't have the first clue. To me it's hard to believe that Romeo would be shooting better from 3 @ Kansas right now.

Probably not but opposing coaches will try to convince recruits as much. 

That doesn’t really matter though. Any slip can simply be marketed by opposing coaches as, “Look what happened to Romeo Langford. OAD top 5 pick going into Indiana and slipped X spots in the draft.

10 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

That doesn’t really matter though. Any slip can simply be marketed by opposing coaches as, “Look what happened to Romeo Langford. OAD top 5 pick going into Indiana and slipped X spots in the draft.

Nature of beast when you're dealing with 5 star recruits and the coaching staff will need to handle the negative recruiting. At the end of the day, I'm hoping wins do matter, but I'm probably looking at it in a very simplistic manner. I'm not sure a high in flux of 5 stars is the best way to build a winning program anyways... but again, just my opinion.

The one thing I'm confident in is that Romeo will be successful in the end. ... good win today... good talk ... I'm out for the night....

It's more about this being Archie's first opportunity with a lottery type one and done talent. No I don't necessarily think it's Archie's fault but I also don't know if he'd have better looks in a different offense either. Just saying it could be used against Archie, right or wrong.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Red1 said:

I keep reading about the next 2 gimme games. This team better stay FOCUSED, because I don’t have a fallout shelter strong enough for the fallout from the nuclear bomb this place would become 

I can't wait for people to say they expect an easy win so when it's a 3 point game at halftime and we have 10 turnovers, I can give them crap about it again.