Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Butler Game Thread 12/15

“That’s just who they are.” I swear teams like that, Butler, West Virginia, Wisconsin etc. those teams that considered “tough” are allowed to get away with so much more than anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Typically Louisville too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Joe DeLow said:

These refs have been an absolute joke. I don’t know how the hell a kid can ever know what is going on. CBB changes from game to game so much. Zero consistency. How has the NCAA not done anything about it? It completely ruins the game.

True.

1 minute ago, Joe DeLow said:

These refs have been an absolute joke. I don’t know how the hell a kid can ever know what is going on. CBB changes from game to game so much. Zero consistency. How has the NCAA not done anything about it? It completely ruins the game.

I agree. Hell, minute to minute it’s different. The exact same play is a foul on one end and nothing on the other. Ticky tack crap that gets called and then physical play goes without a whistle. This isn’t exclusive to IU games either. It makes the game so hard to watch anymore, and it’s really sad.

Just now, Joe DeLow said:

“That’s just who they are.” I swear teams like that, Butler, West Virginia, Wisconsin etc. those teams that considered “tough” are allowed to get away with so much more than anyone else.

This is where the coach comes into play. Arch has to keep letting the refs know what they’re doing. I will say I like where we ended the half only 4 down. I think Butler has played well while we haven’t.

They're "tough" until they don't want to be. They'll grab, push, bump, and hold until you touch them and then they go flying.

3 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Archie needs to go off on the guy that commits the next turnover.....

Archie needs an offense.  Archie needs a junior point guard who doesn't turn the ball over about once every 3 minutes.   Archie needs a team that can score with more than 2 players.  Archie needs to understand what Evan Fitzner is and what he is not.   Archie needs to get his own house in order.  This offense is flat assed awful.

And yes, DeVonte Green is a bad basketball player much of the time.  Very low basketball IQ and a lazy defender.   We need a guard in next season's recruiting class.

8 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

As if the NCCA would do anything to address inconsistency and unfair advantage! 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

IU played like crap. They’re down just four points at halftime. They’re fine

Yes, and we have a very good chance  (I hope) to win. That being said .....it is old seeing us come out flat game after game, having more turnovers than baskets five minutes into games and seeing the other team win most of the effort plays.  I don’t get it.

Yes, and we have a very good chance  (I hope) to win. That being said .....it is old seeing us come out flat game after game, having more turnovers than baskets five minutes into games and seeing the other team win most of the effort plays.  I don’t get it.

Which is why the Marquette game was so refreshing and awesome. But hey, a win’s a win!

Just a heads up Archie is blowing up on the lazy passes. That’s where the change came on that timeout down 11. He lit into them. Offensively the movement is fine. They are working a 2 man game and that seemed to change the flow. Archie is working these refs.

Our offensive sets are putrid. I see no cuts and screens and alot of standing around. Everthing with Romeo is isolation and Juwan...give him the ball and back on out. Smith needs to learn a floater or a quick stop 6-10 footer. If he is going to the hoop and doesn't have a clear lane it results in a TO or an offensive foul. Run the freakn weave, at least it looks like we are doing something lol.