Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Butler Game Thread 12/15

People are just passionate they go through a roller coaster of emotions each game. Most were happy after.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oh I didn’t say they weren’t. His first posts were before the game and until the end of the half. They were just my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I want calling you out. Just in general I meant. Ive been hard on rob in the past but probably cause its more noticable from a point guard. That being said ive probably watched his winning shot now 10 times.

Oh I didn’t say they weren’t. His first posts were before the game and until the end of the half. They were just my favorite.

Wasnt calling you out.

I want calling you out. Just in general I meant. Ive been hard on rob in the past but probably cause its more noticable from a point guard. That being said ive probably watched his winning shot now 10 times.

15 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anything said about Tucker staring down our bench after hitting his first three?

I saw that too.

Unfortunately I can't get creative by switching the T and the F.  Either way its a cuss word and I don't want warned.  LOL!

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I rewatched the game. How in the hell did they get those charging calls? They worse than Dookies flops. In at least two instances, they ran at the Indiana ball handler with their hands up and chest out. How do you get a call like that?!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Those types of charges are the least athletic plays in basketball and they need to do something about it. It is also the #butlerway

Those types of charges are the least athletic plays in basketball and they need to do something about it. It is also the #butlerway

They weren’t even close to charges though. I would hope that the referees would see how terrible those calls were but I’m sure they’re listening to how they should be calling the next game....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

According to the coach's poll Indiana is still only the 8th best team in the Big Ten.  

I've always liked watching underdog Indiana teams.  It's fun to watch a team we all know deserves to be in the top ten, but it was always a bit more fun for me to watch a team with fewer expectations climb out from "overlooked" status and become a contender...thinking back to the 2002 season with Coverdale, Moye, Jeffries, Newton, Fife, etc.

Edited by ray

11 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I rewatched the game. How in the hell did they get those charging calls? They worse than Dookies flops. In at least two instances, they ran at the Indiana ball handler with their hands up and chest out. How do you get a call like that?!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Refs not calling fouls just reacting to the flops. What about the push off call on Romeo in the corner when he hit the three? Didnt think that was a foul from where I was sitting.

Refs not calling fouls just reacting to the flops. What about the push off call on Romeo in the corner when he hit the three? Didnt think that was a foul from where I was sitting.

At times, it’s difficult to know if the refs are officiating the same game I’m watching. It seems announcers have been pointing that out a bit more this season than in previous seasons.

I’m still clueless on what the officials were looking at on those charge calls. If they would have wrapped up and not flopped backwards they would have been perfect form tackles yet they were called a charge. The Butler players were coming in from the side too.

I couldn’t see that one clearly from deep in the corner. I would have thought they were giving the offensive player the benefit of the doubt with what Baldwin was doing on 50% of his drives but they got Romeo on that one. Odd...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

According to the coach's poll Indiana is still only the 8th best team in the Big Ten.  
I've always liked watching underdog Indiana teams.  It's fun to watch a team we all know deserves to be in the top ten, but it was always a bit more fun for me to watch a team with fewer expectations climb out from "overlooked" status and become a contender...thinking back to the 2002 season with Coverdale, Moye, Jeffries, Newton, Fife, etc.

We are not a top 10 team right now. Haven’t been all year either. We turn it over way too much

We've had a little discussion about Archie's reaction to Rob's shot and also Crean's reaction to CWat's dagger.  How about this reaction from The General after Jay Edwards stuck a fork in Michigan 
[/url]  

I think Archie sees it as a busted up play so isn’t too happy about that. Better to be lucky than good I guess

We are not a top 10 team right now. Haven’t been all year either. We turn it over way too much

Who has claimed we are a top 10 team nationally? The poll you quoted was saying that the polls ranked us as if we were ‘worse’ than 7 other big ten teams..

1 hour ago, JHoosier914 said:

Who has claimed we are a top 10 team nationally? The poll you quoted was saying that the polls ranked us as if we were ‘worse’ than 7 other big ten teams..

Thank you.  I never once claimed Indiana should be in the top 10.  I wouldn't put them anyplace close.  However, there are at least a couple Big10 teams the coach's feel are better than Indiana that I can't help but question.  That, though, never suggested Indiana should be in the top ten.

I see the reason he thought I suggested that, but if he reads more closely I was saying they are not top ten worthy and that it's sometimes fun to watch a team progress and climb the rankings.  However, I am still not saying they will climb to top ten this season.  I would say it's pretty doubtful, but there's always a chance if they play up to their ranked, higher quality opponents and not play down to the lesser teams.

Edited by ray