Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Butler Game Thread 12/15

9 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I was coming on here to say the guys changed after you said archie got after them also loved how he worked the refs especially after the terrible charge call on smith

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The first charge on Romeo was an absolute joke, if anything it should of been at best a play on for Butler, but somehow it got called a foul. The Smith one was really bad too. I think there was one more, might have been the Romeo push off on his step back three..... but a Butler kid got called for the same thing, so I guess it was fine?

Two things.

1. Phinisee...wow.  I was telling my family how much this kid already looks like a seasoned veteran and will be an incredible 4-year player for this program.  I think he jumped 12ft in the air to get that shot away.

2. Be honest.  How many of you were yelling at the screen when the clock was counting down and Indiana was not getting into a set.  I was still yelling when the shot went up, yelling as it was in the air, and may have even said I hope it doesn't count when it went down.  We see this time-after-time and it just makes no sense to me that you can say that's the best last-shot offense.  Why not start to attack at 8 or 9 rather than 3 or 4?

Anyway, it was certainly a gritty effort by our boys and I am very happy that CAM kept them focused and lit the fire to push them over the top. 

I was coming on here to say the guys changed after you said archie got after them also loved how he worked the refs especially after the terrible charge call on smith

I swear he held up a finger and said "you owe us one" or that's 1

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

The first charge on Romeo was an absolute joke, if anything it should of been at best a play on for Butler, but somehow it got called a foul. The Smith one was really bad too. I think there was one more, might have been the Romeo push off on his step back three..... but a Butler kid got called for the same thing, so I guess it was fine?
Butler only shot 2 free throws so end of day got to call it fair.

I thought the refs let them play which I'm fine with. Had they called a bunch of fouls we'd have been bitching about that. I'd rather let guys play than drag a game out with 40+ fouls. Game had flow and was entertaining.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Say whatever you want about the team struggling. We're 4-0 since Duke with some good wins. 

This team simply does not quit, and learning to win close games is a huge positive.

I think I predicted a dog fight and a 74-69 win. Not too far off. 

Two cupcakes and then a little break before we start B10 play again. 

I'll take the win.  Hats off to Juwan.  Love seeing Rob hit that shot and the team spilling out with emotion.  And I trust Archie to continue to the path towards great basketball. 

But I would really, really love to see our guys play with the heart that Butler does for an entire game....and every game.  It's weird to me that we clearly can, but rarely do until crunch time.  More than anything I hope CM is drilling it into these guys that 50/50 balls and calls go to the guys who want them the most.  We're so close to being a conference contender, and yet so far if we don't start taking care of business in the first 10 minutes of every half.

Just rewatched last 5 minutes. Wow.

Romeo’s 3 point at with 1:30? Looks like he was hit on forearm but he didn’t complain at all. Odd shot by him.

Then the late clock McBob prayer.

Then the late clock prayer by Phin.

We need some offensive polish, but man what an exhilarating game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just rewatched last 5 minutes. Wow.

Romeo’s 3 point at with 1:30? Looks like he was hit on forearm but he didn’t complain at all. Odd shot by him.

Then the late clock McBob prayer.

Then the late clock prayer by Phin.

We need some offensive polish, but man what an exhilarating game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought Romeo said something to the ref........ he just didn't seem to get overly animated about it