Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

A.j. Nigh

Eric Anderson - RIP

Saw where Eric Anderson passed away late last night/early this morning at the age of 48.  Anderson was a 1988 McDonald’s All-American,  1989 Big 10 Freshman of the Year,  a 1991 All Big Ten selection, and the 1992 West Regional Most Valuable Player. Prayers to his family.
[/quote
Really sorry to hear this. I followed his career for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sad news for Hoosier Nation.  Anderson was a baller, on a great Final Four Hoosier team in 1992 - with Cheaney, both Grahams, Reynolds, Meeks, Henderson, Evans, Baily, Nover, heck of a roster. That 1991-1992 team has six of Indiana's top 14 all-time leading scorers (1 - Cheaney, 7 - Henderson, 8 - Bailey, 11 - Anderson, 12 - Evans, 14 - Greg Graham).   Anderson was tough as nails on the court and from all accounts a great guy.  RIP Eric Anderson

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I remember seeing him on Sunday's at Noble Roman's eating pizza and drinking pitchers of beer while watching football. As a high school student, I wanted to go over and have a beer with him. 

Yeeech...that Noble Roman's on East 3rd Street was a dump :) 

I think they used to have an all-u-can -eat option back in those days; must've attracted a lot of over-sized hungry athletes.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Yeeech...that Noble Roman's on East 3rd Street was a dump :) 

I think they used to have an all-u-can -eat option back in those days; must've attracted a lot of over-sized hungry athletes.

Yes it was a dump but this was the Noble Romans off of college where the IGA and the discount movie theatre was. Steak and shake is there now. It was in a strip mall.

21 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

Sad news for Hoosier Nation.  Anderson was a baller, on a great Final Four Hoosier team in 1992 - with Cheaney, both Grahams, Reynolds, Meeks, Henderson, Evans, Baily, Nover, heck of a roster. That 1991-1992 team has six of Indiana's top 14 all-time leading scorers (1 - Cheaney, 7 - Henderson, 8 - Bailey, 11 - Anderson, 12 - Evans, 14 - Greg Graham).   Anderson was tough as nails on the court and from all accounts a great guy.  RIP Eric Anderson

Wow, that is way too young. I remember his playing days. 

And, wow...6 players in top 14 of all-time scorers. I never would have guessed that, but then when I looked at the roster it seemed more believable. Is that the year Duke’s Christian Laettner should have been banned for his dumb BS of stomping on a Kentucky player?

Edited by ray