Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Uof6 Game Thread

Can someone who DVR'd the game go back and find out how long the last 30 seconds took in real time? Had to be at least 10 minutes.

It was nice of the officials to repeatedly stand there bouncing the ball until they made sure Louisville had their defense set and the players they wanted on the floor.

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

He's turned into one. I was really excited for him pre-season and the early games. Now I cringe when he comes in. Below average defense and a turnover machine. He needs to hit 3's at a high rate to justify playing, IMO. 

He has lately, but I’m pretty sure his day this season is still coming. 

39 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Complete aberration.

Hey, I’m not down on these guys at all. They’re a tip in from 9-1 and I expect them to be 12-2 when they get to Michigan. They compete hard. Just saying it’s going to be really tough to consistently beat good teams playing this way. Will love to be wrong.

Can someone who DVR'd the game go back and find out how long the last 30 seconds took in real time? Had to be at least 10 minutes.

It was nice of the officials to repeatedly stand there bouncing the ball until they made sure Louisville had their defense set and the players they wanted on the floor.

I’ve seen this in multiple college games this season. What are they doin?! I’m waiting for the ref to allow the coach to walk onto the court to position his players in one of these games.

You sub, a player goes out, a player comes in, and the ball is given to the inbounded. That should take 5-10 seconds tops. It’s taking about 20.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Solid home win. There is still plenty to work on but ugly wins are better than any kind of loss. We need better flow to the offense, I believe that will progress as the season moves along and the players have gotten more run together. We didn’t turn it over nearly as much as I thought we would and Uof6 hit way more threes than I thought they would. They hit some contested shots but we shouldn’t have let McMahon breath outside the arc. Free throws have to improve, we can’t keep shooting terrible and winning close games.

I think we win comfortably against Butler next week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He's turned into one. I was really excited for him pre-season and the early games. Now I cringe when he comes in. Below average defense and a turnover machine. He needs to hit 3's at a high rate to justify playing, IMO. 
If fitzner stays on the bench im a happy man. Never sure what the hype was over a guy who averaged 4 points a game at st.marys.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On the pre-game Fischer said Thompson did (does) have a severe concussion.  Also, once again suggested Hunter likely won't play this season.
Hunter will not play amd should be redshirted. Hipefully he can play next year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Complete aberration.

Hey, I’m not down on these guys at all. They’re a tip in from 9-1 and I expect them to be 12-2 when they get to Michigan. They compete hard. Just saying it’s going to be really tough to consistently beat good teams playing this way. Will love to be wrong.

lol. no.

we beat them (Marq) handily. we had a healthy team and a good bench play. 

a close game with Louisville is nothing to be ashamed of. Other than the loss to us, they lost to Marquette and #7 TN. they're a good team. 

Edited by Irish YJ

Just now, Irish YJ said:

IMO Archie is ahead of schedule. It normally takes 3 years for a coach to install his system and funnel his kids in. Sure we're not pretty, but we're getting Ws, we're over a major injury hump, and we're improving.

Ok seriously I have heard this since Crean and have never accepted it as a solid rule  yes you should see something by year 3  but there are tons of reasons why it shouldn’t take that long

Didnt apply to Pitino, Cal, Sean Miller, Pitino again, Holtmann,  Mack 

18 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I've seen a lot of IU BB in my 48 years... This season is one of the least frustrating to me lol.

IMO Archie is ahead of schedule. It normally takes 3 years for a coach to install his system and funnel his kids in. Sure we're not pretty, but we're getting Ws, we're over a major injury hump, and we're improving.

Next year my expectations will be higher. We'll have 2 full years in the system, player development, deeper and higher quality bench, and we should have 2 five star kids coming in. The only thing we'll really need to figure out IMO is SG. 

Assuming Romeo leaves, I see no reason to believe next year’s team will be much better, even with Brooks. They’ll be very young again, and I’m pretty much writing off Hunter, Anderson, Forrester, and Thompson getting any real chance to develop on the court this year, especially as conference play picks up. 

I think year four is when both his system and players should be implemented to the point he can reasonably be expected to compete for a deep tourney run. 

Went down and watched game with my cousin ryno6284 and he made some awesome steaks so was not on the game thread but it is fun to read through and see everyones ups and downs posts lol. The one thing I dont agree with was posters calling that Louisville team a bad team. That team will win big games this season. U dont man handle msu the way they did and be considered bad. Our boys got alot to work on and it is frustrating to know we are not close to where we need to be but they are battling and winning the right games which is a plus. I feel like under crean we hit threes and win this one by 15 plus or dont and lose. At the end it is another key tournament bid type win that will help us. Have a great Saturday night and enjoy beating Louisville

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m happy with the hard fought win, but on to a more important note... What did everyone think of Fox using the John Tesh NBA on NBC music? It felt a little weird with college basketball, but I’ll be damned if that’s not the best TV sports theme music of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Complete aberration.

Yup hopefully we can improve some things

10 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Your examples totally lack context.....
For instance, when a coach took over a new team... what was the team's record the year before, what players did they inherit.. how dramatic was the system change.... and, did they cheat?

If you're talking about Sean Miller at Xavier, he took over a team that went to the elite 8 the year before.
If you're talking about Chris Mack at Xavier, he took over a team that went to the sweet 16 the year before.
If you're talking about Sean Miller at AZ, he took over a team that went to the sweet 16 the year before.

Holtman took over a pretty good Butler team. Jury is still out on him at OSU. Hasn't beat a top 25 team yet this year, and lost to an unranked Syracuse at home. We'll know more about him when they enter Big 10 play. He's a good coach, so I expect him to do well, but he isn't the second coming... yet.

Cal and Pitino are another level. Why would you ever compare them to Arhie coming out of Dayton?

And... two of the names you listed were exposed for cheating. One is gone.

But most important, Archie took over a team that had three guys leave for the NBA (as well as a transfer). It was a complete system change (Crean vs Archie). The above coaching changes I'd bet weren't anywhere close to the disparity of incoming and outgoing styles.

And 3 years no matter what to judge a coach doesn’t lack context?