Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

No but they play good competition all season. Didn't they almost beat Brooks team this season?

At home with some suspect calls to keep it close. He missed 2 Ft with 1 sec left that would of won it in regulation. I still would offer both but I would take leal if only 1. That might change tomorrow though. Both are players I like and they seem to play well together

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interview with Leal on Rivals. Maybe I’m reading too much into his comments on Indiana but they don’t sound great;

Indiana: “They have not offered yet. It’s pretty much the same thing. I still talk to them and stay in touch since it’s so close.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-indiana-guard-discusses-where-he-stands-in-recruitment

Saw Purdue picked up a 2020 commitment from Jaden Ivey. I’m all in on IU staking Leal and  Galloway. Two kids that want to play for IU. They both seem like players that could come back to haunt IU

28 minutes ago, Kepner said:

Interview with Leal on Rivals. Maybe I’m reading too much into his comments on Indiana but they don’t sound great;

Indiana: “They have not offered yet. It’s pretty much the same thing. I still talk to them and stay in touch since it’s so close.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-indiana-guard-discusses-where-he-stands-in-recruitment

Saw Purdue picked up a 2020 commitment from Jaden Ivey. I’m all in on IU staking Leal and  Galloway. Two kids that want to play for IU. They both seem like players that could come back to haunt IU

I thought for sure that Ivey was ND bound. Doesn't his mom or something work at ND?

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Mom is assistant coach for the women’s ND team

And Ivey's dad was a ND football player.  I'd heard from friends up north that he would go to either ND or Butler.   Archie didn't waste his recruiting time as from what I was told Ivey had made it clear he had no interest in us.

I'd be hard pressed to imagine that an offer Monday night won't be forthcoming.  If there is no formal offer made, IMO Leal will be headed elsewhere.  I usually don't disagree with USPS, but I really don't think his performance this weekend is a make or break in terms of an offer.  The staff has had ample opportunity to watch him play and make their assessment of how he does or doesn't fit.

I'd be hard pressed to imagine that an offer Monday night won't be forthcoming.  If there is no formal offer made, IMO Leal will be headed elsewhere.  I usually don't disagree with USPS, but I really don't think his performance this weekend is a make or break in terms of an offer.  The staff has had ample opportunity to watch him play and make their assessment of how he does or doesn't fit.

Per a source on another board Leal will be getting his offer on Monday. So I guess we’ll see what happens.

23 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Per a source on another board Leal will be getting his offer on Monday. So I guess we’ll see what happens.

I’m curious how quickly a commitment takes place then. It seems like Leal has just been waiting for the IU offer

If we get Leal does that mean no Galloway?

I thing that is tbd. I think at one point that was the plan, but not a 100% thing anymore. I am guessing what we finish the 2019 cycle with will play a part in that too.