Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

I wonder if this was scheduled after Anthony Harris commitment to UNC. Maybe the staff knows more than we do on maybe moving up a year Being a possibility. Believe we did it with Race graduating a year early.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I wonder if this was scheduled after Anthony Harris commitment to UNC. Maybe the staff knows more than we do on maybe moving up a year Being a possibility. Believe we did it with Race graduating a year early.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't believe graduating early is on the table. He also has in-home visits with Northwestern and Xavier.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think we will use one more scholly and play with 12 this year. That'll leave us at least three for 2020, which allows us to offer Leal.

I want Leal and Galloway. Don't make me pick between them or I will go with the guy with the state championship

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I want Leal and Galloway. Don't make me pick between them or I will go with the guy with the state championship

He also has never had to play a MIC team in the tourney. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No but they play good competition all season. Didn't they almost beat Brooks team this season?

Yes.. but I would bet Bloomington South would have beaten CA this past season. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Yes.. but I would bet Bloomington South would have beaten CA this past season. 

Depending on what South team showed up. The one who lost to Edgewood or the one who went on a winning streak. I officiated them twice but didn't have Culver this year. I want both players but if I have to pick I will take Galloway all-around game over Leal's shooting. I think Galloway is ready to guard at the big ten level right now. 

Galloway is one tough defender.  He pretty much shut down Brooks when CMA played LaLu and Jalen Blackmon was a non-factor when CMA played Marion in the tournament until Galloway picked up his 4th foul.  I think Galloway will get more floor burns going after loose balls and he'll get more rebounds.  I really do hope we get both but if not, Galloway is my preference.

What about three point shooters for next year?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

What about three point shooters for next year?

Kyle Hornsby is not walking through that door.

Current players need to get better. No one is out there that I'm aware of that wants to come to IU, that can make an impact. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think some are a little more worried about the shooting than I am... Green shoots it well, Durham was 35% last year up from 29%, and RP was 31%...  if RP can improve to 34-35% and Durham to 37-38% and assuming Hunter shoots well (not a stretch) I think we will be fine. 

RP was 35 or so while healthy. Would definitely expect around 35-38 from him. 

I think some are a little more worried about the shooting than I am... Green shoots it well, Durham was 35% last year up from 29%, and RP was 31%...  if RP can improve to 34-35% and Durham to 37-38% and assuming Hunter shoots well (not a stretch) I think we will be fine. 
We had alot of games where we went like 2-17. I will admit I am worried.