Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

In OT, Bloomington South over Columbus North 75 - 69.  

North (14-5, 3-1) did a great job containing Bloomington South’s (18-3, 5-0) top player Anthony Leal, who only scored two points in the first three quarters of the game. He finished with 10 points for the game.

“We had a good game plan defensively,” North coach Paul Ferguson said. “We confused them a little bit with some of the changing defenses. (Leal) started making some plays at the end of the third and into the fourth quarter and he is a handful when he goes to the rim.”

Thought I saw him sitting behind the bench at today's game. This is a tough one, because he isnt the highest rated player but I've seen several videos and interviews of him talking about what an honor and point of pride it would be to play for Indiana. We definitely need more players like that. 

Thought I saw him sitting behind the bench at today's game. This is a tough one, because he isnt the highest rated player but I've seen several videos and interviews of him talking about what an honor and point of pride it would be to play for Indiana. We definitely need more players like that. 
[/url]  

Franklin, TJD, Leal, Galloway, and Furst all in attendance for the game today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Stockrisers.com

Anthony Leal describes himself as “A versatile scoring guard who can score it on all 3 levels and guard any position on the wing.”

His recruitment has also gone up since the end of the summer, he’s landed offers from Butler, Northwestern, Stanford, and several others.

He’s taken a handful of unofficial visits including trips to Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern, and some others. None of those have been official.

Now, Leal has scheduled his first official visit. “I will officially visit Stanford the first weekend of March,” Leal said.

He will also take an unofficial visit to Michigan State on February 17th.

His most recent interest has come from Michigan and Marquette. He’s heard from many schools, but says Stanford and Northwestern are on him the hardest.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Stockrisers.com

Anthony Leal describes himself as “A versatile scoring guard who can score it on all 3 levels and guard any position on the wing.”

His recruitment has also gone up since the end of the summer, he’s landed offers from Butler, Northwestern, Stanford, and several others.

He’s taken a handful of unofficial visits including trips to Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern, and some others. None of those have been official.

Now, Leal has scheduled his first official visit. “I will officially visit Stanford the first weekend of March,” Leal said.

He will also take an unofficial visit to Michigan State on February 17th.

His most recent interest has come from Michigan and Marquette. He’s heard from many schools, but says Stanford and Northwestern are on him the hardest.

Nothing is written in stone yet but I could definitely see him going to Marquette, Michigan or Northwestern and being one of those players we all wish IU had pursued more

11 hours ago, Kepner said:

Nothing is written in stone yet but I could definitely see him going to Marquette, Michigan or Northwestern and being one of those players we all wish IU had pursued more

Stanford has been on him pretty hard with an offer and multiple visits to watch him play.  And FWIW, my understanding is you don't get a Stanford offer until you've been officially accepted as a student at Stanford.

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

I wish we would offer. I think he’s going to be really good for somebody. I don’t get the Galloway interest at all from our staff. I think it’s an easy choice between the two of them 

I think it’s a toss up between the 2. I think both would be stellar at doing what they would be asked of them at IU. Galloway is a proven winner. I’d be happy with either or. 

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I think it’s a toss up between the 2. I think both would be stellar at doing what they would be asked of them at IU. Galloway is a proven winner. I’d be happy with either or. 

I’ll admit I don’t know as much about Galloway as Leal. I know from Old Fart’s stats that Galloway has been underperforming as far as percentages. His free throw % and 3 point % are pretty bad. On the other hand, they’re winning consistently and he’s a big part of that. I just don’t think Galloway provides something more than Leal

My gut feeling is Leal will get you more points but Galloway more rebounds and assists and possibly a better defender.  I think Leal is a streaky shooter but when he's on, he's pretty darn good.  In his last game against La Lumiere, Galloway had 9 rebounds and 5 assists and was a big reason Brooks only had 9 points.  People who have watched Leal play need to weigh in as I've never seen him play and am basing my opinion of him solely based on stats.