Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Few things:
1) Will defer to your judgement on the 2 playing together. You’ve seen it and I haven’t. Both move well without the ball, so it’s not hard to picture. 2) I am in the 1 or the other camp, and I strongly prefer Galloway, though I would love to find more full game video of Leal. The only 2 I’ve watched were his Regional games last year and he was....underwhelming. His Center Grove performance was really bad and I have trouble getting past a kid flat no showing in the biggest game of his year. 3) I disagree that taking both wouldn’t impact a kid like Davis or Diarra. I imagine part of the pitch to a ‘20 PG is going to be not just taking backup minutes from Rob, but getting minutes next to him. But that’s a pretty tough sell with a Sr Durham, Jr Anderson, Soph Franklin and Fr Galloway and Leal. Just too crowded for a kid to reasonably expect rotation minutes. That being said, I agree that Davis will be a tough pull under any circumstances. IU and G-town will both have established Jr PG’s, while Marquette will be replacing 20 shots a night. 

Very good points. As a high school basketball fan I was sad that Leal got hurt in the first half of the center grove game. He wasn’t the same after that. As a center grove fan I wasn’t mad that he wasn’t 100 percent. No matter where Davis goes he is most likely going to have to work for rotational minutes and he seems like the type of player to not worry about other players in my opinion. In recruiting, coaches sell whatever the player wants to hear and then pretty much do what’s best for the team. Sounds cruel but most scouts I’ve talked with say that’s how it goes. During Wilkes recruitment saying he would play the 4 spot was a bad word and to even recruit him you had to tell him he wouldn’t play the 4. He played the 4 quite a bit at ucla.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Im sitting on a balcony looking at the beach figured some might want to know Ohio St offered

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As long as you're just sitting on the balcony and not standing on the ledge hyperventilating chanting "woe is IU, woe is IU!"   lol      Hope the USPS family is having a great vacation.

If he's planning on a business school degree Kelley has him covered. I'm betting that the family is so close that a plane trip to Palo Alto and almost never seeing him play will be major.

Inside out baby!

One more thing; at the risk of over-analyzing the photo he attached to his tweet, it's his Indiana Elite jersey, but with his arm strategically covering the word "Elite", leaving only ... 

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

One more thing; at the risk of over-analyzing the photo he attached to his tweet, it's his Indiana Elite jersey, but with his arm strategically covering the word "Elite", leaving only ... 

That's funny - I thought the exact same thing when I saw the photo. Subliminal message at the very least...

35 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

You know I respect the hell out of that. Not a final 15. He legitimately is considering 2 schools and said it. You don’t see that much anymore. He is probably going to IU but I think anyone would at least think about a Stanford.

Or the "here's my top 10, still open to other schools though!" that we see from a lot of kids. I think Stanford will be tough to beat here.

If he's planning on a business school degree Kelley has him covered. I'm betting that the family is so close that a plane trip to Palo Alto and almost never seeing him play will be major.
Inside out baby!

STOP

Please let’s not do this anymore lol

What's his connection to Stanford? The education is great, but there are other places within 1000 miles of his home he can go for that. Besides a few years with Montgomery, I can't remember when Stanford was nationally relevant in hoops. I can't remember the last time I saw Stanford bball on tv before midnight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, LIHoosier said:

What's his connection to Stanford? The education is great, but there are other places within 1000 miles of his home he can go for that. Besides a few years with Montgomery, I can't remember when Stanford was nationally relevant in hoops. I can't remember the last time I saw Stanford bball on tv before midnight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The attraction must be real; he had an offer from Northwestern and was recruited by UVA, and they didn’t make the cut.