Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Battle for Bloomington is tonight.  North vs. South.    Should be able to watch at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/831631430608737/

This is going to be a really good game. Both teams have at least a couple D1players if not more. North is really young. 

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I went to high school during the Jon Holmes and Sean May years of the rivalry. Those were some incredible games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did you go to high school in Bloomington?

Leal's mom tweeted the game is now sold out. 

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

Funny enough my two daughters attend Edgewood Primary School and will be future Mustangs one day. My brother in law is an Edgewood grad. I might be a South grad but I love

Edgewood schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Awesome!!!! My wife teaches at EIS and I coach at EJHS

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bloomington South hangs on (barely) for a 44-41 win.  At the end of 3, South led 40-27.  In the 4th Q, Leal picked up his 4th foul and went to the bench for about 3 min. during which North cut the lead to 7.  Leal returned and 30 sec. later picked up #5 and South scrambled for dear life for the rest of the game.  I had Leal with 18; announcers said 16.  I had 6-15 FG; just 1-6 on 3s; 5-7 FT; 7 reb; 1 assist; 1 TO; 5 stls; 1 blk.  The more games I watch of him, he seems to have a knack for knowing where the ball is going and he also has quick hands.  He's definitely not afraid to take it to the bucket and IMO the refs could have called fouls on North but didn't.

Public Service Announcement:  I try to get recruit game info posted as quickly as possible but that won't be the case for the next 2 weeks.  I'm going to be lounging on white sandy beaches watching scantily clad women cavort.  Watching because 1)  that's all my wife will let me do and 2) at my age watching is all I can do.  I'll do some catching up on game stats when I get back.  Please win some men's games while I'm gone.

And this is our 3pt sharpshooter whom lots of you think will come in and take Al's court time. Sorry, don't see it happening. At least not at this juncture.

34 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

And this is our 3pt sharpshooter whom lots of you think will come in and take Al's court time. Sorry, don't see it happening. At least not at this juncture.

Just because he doesn’t shoot good doesn’t mean he’s not a great shooter. J/k 

That being said I’m ecstatic to have Leal. But we desperately need to add a grad Transfer PG that can hit the 3 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Just because he doesn’t shoot good doesn’t mean he’s not a great shooter. J/k 

That being said I’m ecstatic to have Leal. But we desperately need to add a grad Transfer PG that can hit the 3 

I don't dislike him. I like him lots! Just too many here think he is an instant fix over what we already have. I tend to disagree. Definitely could use a PG. Wish we would've offered Sean East. He is turning out to be a very serviceable ball player. I though he was a much better shooter from distance than Romeo.

9 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I don't dislike him. I like him lots! Just too many here think he is an instant fix over what we already have. I tend to disagree. Definitely could use a PG. Wish we would've offered Sean East. He is turning out to be a very serviceable ball player. I though he was a much better shooter from distance than Romeo.

I'm very happy to add AL to the roster.  Seems like a competitor and hopefully a guy who'll fit into Archie's system.  But, you're right about being the cure to our 3-pt woes.  It's always a risk to rely on an incoming recruit to be your sharpshooting savior - regardless of rating.  If he can contribute, play within the system, and be a decent shooter that's all I ask.  I do agree that we've needed (and still do) another PG and some quality shooters.

7:30 Friday you can watch Leal go one-on-one with our very own mamasa.  Well, at least it’s mamasa’s local high school.  His eligibility is long gone!

https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/videos/2020-bbb-bloomington-south-at-columbus-east

7:30 Friday you can watch Leal go one-on-one with our very own mamasa.  Well, at least it’s mamasa’s local high school.  His eligibility is long gone!

https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/videos/2020-bbb-bloomington-south-at-columbus-east

I was going to go, but had something come up- good luck to both teams!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app