Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Sure. Blab, Isaiah, Yogi, and Zeller look alike
Uwe Blab. Watched him a lot in HS. When we played him his first yr in Effingham at our place, the student Body had a sign that said "we don't import. We grow our own"
We just had a 7 footer graduate and playing at SIUE. We had another one who was a senior and 6'10". He went on to play for The Sycamores. Both were born and raised in Ttown. The 7 footer is my first cousin.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

My main question, not having seen Leal play: Can he shoot? We need 3-point shooters. Desperately. 

Do we?  We are hitting 35%. Granted not against the best competition but last year couldn’t hit wide open shots. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Do we?  We are hitting 35%. Granted not against the best competition but last year couldn’t hit wide open shots. 

Yes, we do. We are 103rd in the nation in 3-point shooting percentage and 293rd in 3-pointers made per game. We are making 5.6 3-pointers a game. That ain't gonna cut it against top-notch competition. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Yes, we do. We are 103rd in the nation in 3-point shooting percentage and 293rd in 3-pointers made per game. We are making 5.6 3-pointers a game. That ain't gonna cut it against top-notch competition. 

Really?  Guess Duke and UNC are in real trouble they are both sub 160 in the country. 

And two of our toughest non conference opponents UConn and FSU aren’t anything to worry about since they are also sub 160. 

Theres much more to the game than just 3 point shooting. 

It won’t? We recently had 3 point percentages up of recent Final Four teams. This won’t break us in the least. That was debunked. 103rd in shooting percentage is actually better than a few of those teams. That’s why Brass asked that. I agree 5.6 per game needs to improve. But I like we aren’t forcing it against lesser opponents. We have also made 6.7 over the last 3 and we were awful our last game. The only thing this all tells me is we are taking it to the rack when it’s there. We will probably make around 7 per game for the whole year when it’s all said and done. That will get it done if we shoot it the way we are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Part of that is because they don’t shoot many 3’s. This will go up some with Green and Rob back.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Really?  Guess Duke and UNC are in real trouble they are both sub 160 in the country. 

And two of our toughest non conference opponents UConn and FSU aren’t anything to worry about since they are also sub 160. 

OK. You proved me wrong. We don't need 3-point shooting. Thanks for the lesson. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Part of that is because they don’t shoot many 3’s. This will go up some with Green and Rob back.

We don’t take many shots in general as well. Like 275th or something in FGA. Due to a combination of pace and trying to draw fouls. 

Yep I think we are a team that will average in between 7-8 makes per game. If we keep that average that’s more than fine.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

We don’t take many shots in general as well. Like 275th or something in FGA. Due to a combination of pace and trying to draw fouls. 

One of my favorite Archieisms is when he talks about how much he wants to push pace. I want to just grab him and say, "dude, it's ok to be Dick Bennett in the body of a 40yr old man. but just stop saying you want to run. You don't."

But when 2 of your 3 best players either play in the paint or slash and score in the paint, the space is needed.

One of my favorite Archieisms is when he talks about how much he wants to push pace. I want to just grab him and say, "dude, it's ok to be Dick Bennett in the body of a 40yr old man. but just stop saying you want to run. You don't."

Yep I would put him on more the slow moderate side. To be a fly on that wall at practice. “I want to run unless...”. Then the unless turns into a 15 minute talk of basically we really don’t want to run.

Yep I would put him on more the slow moderate side. To be a fly on that wall at practice. “I want to run unless...”. Then the unless turns into a 15 minute talk of basically we really don’t want to run.

Yea... yet the offense has looked best this season when it’s been sped up. So it’s kind of odd to not want this team going a bit.

49 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea... yet the offense has looked best this season when it’s been sped up. So it’s kind of odd to not want this team going a bit.

I think he struggles with some of the players decision making when they get sped up for two long of a period of time. 

Hitting 35% percent is more than enough to create space 

Sure. But if it’s only 5 makes a game... it seems insignificant, but even 7 or 8 makes is a big difference. Just like last season, we hit just a few more FT’s a game and we would have been a tourney team. It seems insignificant but causes a much bigger change.

Sure. But if it’s only 5 makes a game... it seems insignificant, but even 7 or 8 makes is a big difference. Just like last season, we hit just a few more FT’s a game and we would have been a tourney team. It seems insignificant but causes a much bigger change.

Joe over our last 3 games we have hit 6.7 3’s. That’s with the clunker of last game. What this means is that it’s still too small of a sample size. We are going to be in the 7-8 per game when we can’t get to the rim at will. Until then we are shooting 30 free throws per game which is top ten in the nation. We are fine. I think we can all agree Green is our best pure 3 pt shooter. He has played one game. We are fine.