Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Like it or not IUFB is in its best shape in decades and IUBB is healthy and trending positively despite decades of fumbles.

It’s been a long time, but right now when things seem to be on the rise is not the time to lose patience and throw it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Neither the basketball team nor the football team has been to the postseason since 2016 and both have had losing records in conference since then and football losing record overall of course.

We have to have faith because that’s all we have in looking at our programs under Glass and McRobbie. There is no consistent track record to say, well, we know they were good for 5 years in a row and proven that one down year will only be that. It’s the other way around and that every time we see a glimpse of something good, it’s gone.

I’ve felt this trending up thing before in both sports, been geeked about what could be. I have nothing against Allen nor Archie, they were hired to do a job and they are doing it to the best of their ability, I do blame glass and McRobbie 100%

It’s hard to not look up or trending positively when they’ve set the bar so low

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Neither the basketball team nor the football team has been to the postseason since 2016 and both have had losing records in conference since then and football losing record overall of course.

We have to have faith because that’s all we have in looking at our programs under Glass and McRobbie. There is no consistent track record to say, well, we know they were good for 5 years in a row and proven that one down year will only be that. It’s the other way around and that every time we see a glimpse of something good, it’s gone.

I’ve felt this trending up thing before in both sports, been geeked about what could be. I have nothing against Allen nor Archie, they were hired to do a job and they are doing it to the best of their ability, I do blame glass and McRobbie 100%

The football bar has been set low since I can remember.  And the basketball bar was pretty low when Glass took over. Not defending either person, but whether you're an optimist or pessimist, the realist in all of us needs to come out. 

Unless we give these coaches four to five years to fully cycle in their own players,  we will continue this trend that started way before Glass or McRobbie arrived!

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

IU Football will be IU Football until divisions are re-aligned.  7-8 wins is the ceiling and that is attainable.   Trending positive.

IU Basketball is in a great position for the long haul and they'll be fine for the short term.  I'm not sure how anyone can look at the program and players we have and have coming and think otherwise.   Will it mean national titles?  Nobody knows.  It DOES mean we'll have opportunities.   

You have to stop looking for track records because not a single circumstance is even similar.  Crean left the cupboard bare.   That's just truth.  Archie has done about as well as he could re-stocking it, and if anyone says he's doing a poor job, they're being intellectually dishonest.   What do you consider a low bar?  Winning Big Ten titles or being in the top 4 consistently and making the NCAA tournament consistently with good results frequently is not a low bar.  You accomplish what you can, and sometimes luck or circumstances take you farther or get you beat before you want to; but NCAA championships cannot be an expectation yet.  Consistent success can, and I think it is.   What's the low bar?  IU football has a definite ceiling and a lower bar than some, but it's in pretty good shape at the moment.    For what do you blame Glass aside from perhaps a quick hire of Allen?