Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We would self report ourselves and gut the program.

Do you want sanctions, because that’s how you get sanctions.  

It's an official visit - the school pays for transportation. As hostile as the IU administration can be, we won't gut the program for following the rules.

https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/official-visits

Schools may pay for a recruit’s transportation to and from campus. However, they can only provide transportation for parent/guardians if they travel in the same car as the recruit. Flights and separate bus or train tickets may not be purchased for parents.

Sorry Btown Mom, Anthony gets the helicopter all to himself.

58 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Looks like his release is getting quicker. I figured from some of the highlights I watched that he could easily get a Klay Thompson like release. And he is getting it somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree completely. Much quicker with consistant form.

Leal has made it his mission to make 500 3-pointers every single day. It’s a routine he just started around three weeks ago. At first, his arms would be sore from the ambitious task, but now he’s used to it and time doesn’t play a factor when he’s in the gym.

“I don’t do it for time,” Leal said. “I do it for total shots. I see how many shots I can make 500 in and try to do better every day.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who does he think he is...Steve Alford lol! Good for him and hopefully IU!

Who does he think he is...Steve Alford lol! Good for him and hopefully IU!

I really hope the fans/admin let Archie make it to next season...we have something REALLY special in the works. I honestly have zero expectations this year and am hoping for the best but there’s a lot of question marks and uncertainties going into this season and it’s impossible to gauge this team. Archie is really going to have to max the potential of every player this season. Not looking past this season but it’s hard to not get excited already for the following season knowing what we have coming in with Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and possibly Garcia.

I really hope the fans/admin let Archie make it to next season...we have something REALLY special in the works. I honestly have zero expectations this year and am hoping for the best but there’s a lot of question marks and uncertainties going into this season and it’s impossible to gauge this team. Archie is really going to have to max the potential of every player this season. Not looking past this season but it’s hard to not get excited already for the following season knowing what we have coming in with Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and possibly Garcia.

Good thing is, I’m confident Fred will give him the time he needs.

He would give a tortoise the time to run a marathon and remind us knuckleheads to be patient as the heirs race by

Pretty **** analogy as the entire point of that story is that the tortoise wins the race but yeah Fire Fred Glass!

46 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I happen to know a former player pretty well (who remainsclose enough to the program for me to trust) who's told me the players are 100% bought in to Archie.  The chemistry is allegedly 180* different than the poison a year ago.   Everyone (according to the players) is on the same page and on the same agenda. 

An excellent  (and lengthy...lol) post.

But my favorite part of the post by far is the part that I quoted.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Yeah, I got a large coffee today.  It lasted a while.

Didn't see where you quoted anything.  I either missed something or you liked none of it!

Too funny; my fat phone fingers.

I amended to show that was a particular part of your post that was especially excellent for me.

Pretty **** analogy as the entire point of that story is that the tortoise wins the race but yeah Fire Fred Glass!

So when does this tortoise finally finish the race? I think we’ve all been patient. 11 years and counting to finish the race is a bit crazy and we are still nowhere near the finish line.

I think it’s a great analogy because he keeps saying to be patient but until when? When does he think his tortoises will get there? There have been other programs on lesser history make bowls and final fours... those are the heirs passing us by

As I’ve said a million times, we might get there but tooooo many fumbles along the way and his leash should be tightening

The tortoise only won because his competition was incompetent.  Unlikely that the actual blue bloods are all incompetent. So kind of a poor analogy. 

Jesus, his competition got to milestones ahead of the tortoise. So, in my analogy, they are getting to bowl games and final fours ahead of/faster than IU.

The finish line for IU basketball is a championship but milestones are a good barometer along the way and others are getting there and we aren’t, at least not enough. The record under glass isn’t great

Like it or not IUFB is in its best shape in decades and IUBB is healthy and trending positively despite decades of fumbles.

It’s been a long time, but right now when things seem to be on the rise is not the time to lose patience and throw it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners