Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

The foundation that Archie is building right now is definitely setting us up nicely for the future, I just hope we give him enough time to see it all come together. I understand that we want to win and win BIG right now but we need to realize that Archie is trying bring stability back to the program with the RIGHT kids. With all the pieces he is bringing in this could very well bring us back to the IU teams of old under Knight. High IQ, fundamental players who have all had team success in high school who will come to IU and WANT to be here and WANT to work their a$$e$ off for the school/program. I, as an Indiana native, a lifelong IU fan and alumni, am genuinely excited about the future no matter how this season turns out and will give Archie time because I know that what he is building right now is truly bringing pride back to Indiana University and to all those associated and it’s about time!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I tend to agree but he sure would help his cause if we have a good year this year. We don’t need a great year, but a good one with an NCAA appearance would help.

If we can start to see the benefit of stockpiling 4 star talent and can believe the future is bright then most will have patience.

The foundation that Archie is building right now is definitely setting us up nicely for the future, I just hope we give him enough time to see it all come together. I understand that we want to win and win BIG right now but we need to realize that Archie is trying bring stability back to the program with the RIGHT kids. With all the pieces he is bringing in this could very well bring us back to the IU teams of old under Knight. High IQ, fundamental players who have all had team success in high school who will come to IU and WANT to be here and WANT to work their a$$e$ off for the school/program. I, as an Indiana native, a lifelong IU fan and alumni, am genuinely excited about the future no matter how this season turns out and will give Archie time because I know that what he is building right now is truly bringing pride back to Indiana University and to all those associated and it’s about time!

I agree. The approach to recruiting seems right and one most can get behind.

As the previous poster noted, it has to translate to wins otherwise it was just good in theory. Nobody is expecting to win big right now, I don’t hear anyone saying final four or he must go, but making the tournament needs to be a consistent bar.

I’m not saying he should be fired if we don’t make the tourney this year but I think he will lose a lot of faith if we don’t. That would be 3 years of no tourney under him and 4 years in a row. It’s not that high of a bar, 64 teams make the tourney and there is no reason we shouldn’t be one of those

I agree. The approach to recruiting seems right and one most can get behind.

As the previous poster noted, it has to translate to wins otherwise it was just good in theory. Nobody is expecting to win big right now, I don’t hear anyone saying final four or he must go, but making the tournament needs to be a consistent bar.

I’m not saying he should be fired if we don’t make the tourney this year but I think he will lose a lot of faith if we don’t. That would be 3 years of no tourney under him and 4 years in a row. It’s not that high of a bar, 64 teams make the tourney and there is no reason we shouldn’t be one of those

Technically, it’s 68 but I get what you’re saying haha

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Number 12 is Leal. Got to be a pretty amazing feeling living out a dream. Love adding a kid that grew up with that much passion and pride about the Hoosiers. Can’t wait for him to be knocking down shots in Bloomington

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The credits lists Leal as "master of the jumpshot", we could sure use it.

OT but the line 'follow Tom Crean he gonna take us back to greatness' aged well......

On 8/9/2019 at 5:01 PM, Hovadipo said:

Pretty sure this video has been posted in here already, but I’m posting it again to point out that #32 in this video is our own Trey Galloway. That may have already been pointed out, but these two playing together was DANGEROUS this summer. Give it another watch.

Leal and Lander look pretty comfortable out there together....just saying!

Leal and Lander look pretty comfortable out there together....just saying!

Love him knocking down those contested shots. Those were the types of views he will see in college. I think he will have to get it up quicker but he is only a Junior. That speed will come. I really think this kid will be a really good one.