Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Pretty sure this video has been posted in here already, but I’m posting it again to point out that #32 in this video is our own Trey Galloway. That may have already been pointed out, but these two playing together was DANGEROUS this summer. Give it another watch.

Love seeing the chemistry between Trey, Anthony, and Khristian Lander on the court.  I would assume the addition of Anthony helps us with Khristian, but does anyone have additional insight into their relationship off the court?

53 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Full court press for a big now to take over for Davis 

I think we should also put most of our eggs in the RJ Davis basket. If we get a visit, you never know. This kid can shoot/score.

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I think we should also put most of our eggs in the RJ Davis basket. If we get a visit, you never know. This kid can shoot/score.

I don’t get any vibe we have much of a chance there. 

Diarra, or maybe even Love? More so.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I just said it recently and I will say it again. I never dreamed we could have this much success recruiting this state. That said we will soon see how much success that leads to. Happy to get this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t see why IU can’t recruit the state this well. It’s IU. It’s the premier program in this state. It’s a blue blood program. This should be the norm. It’ll be that way under Archie

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don’t get any vibe we have much of a chance there. 

Diarra, or maybe even Love? More so.

From reading around I actually get the vibe our best chance is for Davis among all 3. Love is almost a certainty to UNC and Diarra likes Georgia/St. Johns ahead of us

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I just said it recently and I will say it again. I never dreamed we could have this much success recruiting this state. That said we will soon see how much success that leads to. Happy to get this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Curious why you felt that way?   I've said for a long time we have the best story to sell any Indiana kid, and it's really not close.  (i also believe the best story always wins if you sell it right)   

Any player from here can go to a school out of state, but there is one school and one school only since the 1960's (unless you're Larry Bird, and even HE started here) where a kid from Indiana can go and become a legend.   Where a kid from here can go and never buy a drink again.  Where a kid can go and make a name for himself and the school he goes to above and beyond anywhere else.   Where he can become a household name and build a program or maintain a program of legendary status.   Where he can play in front of a crowd like Assembly Hall's, have first class facilities and new age technology; AND play in a conference with its own network and every major cable/satellite contract; playing in prime time slots 85% of the time.   

That place for Indiana kids is Indiana University. 

Curious why you felt that way?   I've said for a long time we have the best story to sell any Indiana kid, and it's really not close.  (i also believe the best story always wins if you sell it right)   
Any player from here can go to a school out of state, but there is one school and one school only since the 1960's (unless you're Larry Bird, and even HE started here) where a kid from Indiana can go and become a legend.   Where a kid from here can go and never buy a drink again.  Where a kid can go and make a name for himself and the school he goes to above and beyond anywhere else.   Where he can become a household name and build a program or maintain a program of legendary status.   Where he can play in front of a crowd like Assembly Hall's, have first class facilities and new age technology; AND play in a conference with its own network and every major cable/satellite contract; playing in prime time slots 85% of the time.   
That place for Indiana kids is Indiana University. 

We have never recruited this state to the degree we are now. That’s why I feel this way. After this class it will most likely be 3 Mr. Basketballs in a row. Never been done. Our last out of state recruit is Thompson? Hunter? Just never been done.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

We have never recruited this state to the degree we are now. That’s why I feel this way. After this class it will most likely be 3 Mr. Basketballs in a row. Never been done. Our last out of state recruit is Thompson? Hunter? Just never been done.

Purdue did it once. We got 4 out of 5. But that was a much better state of both programs. 

16 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

We did pretty well from 1973-2000 and had 12 Mr. Basketball's commit during those years (no other school had more than 3).    We also had a few very Indiana-heavy classes and periods.  1987-1991 in particular was pretty fantastic in-state Edwards, Jones, Nover, Leary, Graham, Graham, Cheaney, Lawson, Bailey, Evans, Henderson.  That's a pretty substantial run.   It's absolutely been done...just not in a while.  Since that time, we haven't had the right guy telling the story.  I think we do, now.

Nigel Pack is the best player in the state right now and he is committed to Kansas State.

Your and Rabjohns opinion that Pack is the best player in the state for 2020 and the favorite for Mr Basketball heading into their senior year but not everyone’s opinion

Nigel Pack is the best player in the state right now and he is committed to Kansas State.

No. I would disagree as of now. The best player in the state right now is Lander. There are others catching up, but Pack isn’t even the best player in his class.