Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Marchie Priller (@MarchiePriller) Tweeted:

Anthony Leal will be making his college decision this Friday. Like & retweet if you would like to see him stay home in Bloomington & be a Hoosier. #iubb https://t.co/ovCyUBQjYr

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Very cool photo. I wonder if the kid next to Leal in the first photo is Luke Goode?

I love the inside out approach BUT we need to make sure we are getting the best ones, regardless of where they are ranked. We’ve historically missed on top rated kids and under the radar kids.

If leal and Galloway are the best then this approach will pay off

I love the inside out approach BUT we need to make sure we are getting the best ones, regardless of where they are ranked. We’ve historically missed on top rated kids and under the radar kids.

I think this is a very strong strategy but for a lot of us wanting an NCAA tournament berth or bust next year, this is more of a long strategy. One we should definitely utilize to build a strong core with strong depth.

These are 2 very good pickups (if they happen) and gets the momentum moving again (if it had stalled). This might not be as exciting as Brooks, Romeo and TJD but this might be a better group of kids for Archie to use, along with last years kids, to build his team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I heard today Archie is happy with local recruiting and the program in general. Sees it building to success. I think he was shocked to not get Brooks. We’ll see if it breeds success.

The next worry, is if we fill the roster with Indiana kids, the 3 or 4 who don’t play, how does that play out.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I heard today Archie is happy with local recruiting and the program in general. Sees it building to success. I think he was shocked to not get Brooks. We’ll see if it breeds success.

The next worry, is if we fill the roster with Indiana kids, the 3 or 4 who don’t play, how does that play out.

Ideally nobody stays on the end of the bench for 3 or 4 years 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For me that is not much of a worry at all.

Everyone knows that there are nine or ten rotation spots on a given year's roster. Everyone will get their chance to be a rotation player.

Most of all, every in-state high school coach is fully aware of the dynamic; they all have to deal with it, albeit at a lower level, themselves.

As long as the best players are playing and there aren’t politics in play then it is hard to argue. Train hard, get better and warm playing time.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

For me that is not much of a worry at all.

Everyone knows that there are nine or ten rotation spots on a given year's roster. Everyone will get their chance to be a rotation player.

Most of all, every in-state high school coach is fully aware of the dynamic; they all have to deal with it, albeit at a lower level, themselves.

I think it transcends it just being in-state players.  Every time you go to the next level your competition is going to be tougher and your effort is going to have to improve.  I don't like talking about players after they leave -- I really don't -- but everything I heard about Clifton Moore was that the effort was never really there.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ideally nobody stays on the end of the bench for 3 or 4 years 

Ideally, but there are going to be misses in evaluation (or injuries) that will mean there are going to be some a guy or two that fits this category if they choose to stay if a coach uses his full allotment of scholarships.

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Ideally, but there are going to be misses in evaluation (or injuries) that will mean there are going to be some a guy or two that fits this category if they choose to stay if a coach uses his full allotment of scholarships.

If it’s one or two out of one or two dozen we should be fine reputation wise 

His parents, mainly his dad, played a huge part in him going to Kentucky. Heard several times from guys plugged into the program that Brooks to IU seemed to be the plan, but his dad really pushed hard for UK. I’m sure the losing streak played right into his dad’s hands.

Anyway, back on topic. Would love to get Leal, think it will happen, but won’t be heartbroken over it. Wish him the best either way!

4 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is there doubt on your end that these two don't fit the bill? Little late with one committed and the other 3 days away from announcing if you think not.