Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

So just for fun.  From my records, we had 16 offers to the '18 class that chose to go elsewhere and we had 23 offers to the '19 class that chose to go elsewhere.  Unfortunately, I don't have any data for the '17 class.

We still have 15 open offers for the '20 class but we're already pretty certain a number of them are going elsewhere:  Burnett, I. Jackson, Clarke to name a few.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

He was just on Matt Denison’s show. What an impressive kid. He’s just a great all around person. I really want this guy on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn't sound like the education factor was instrumental in Stanford being in his final two. More of a loyalty thing for being the early offer.

5 hours ago, iuswingman said:

I've been to Palo Alto once.  While the Stanford campus was nice, I never once thought "man, I wish I lived here".   You're overselling it IMO but opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. lol

Yea it just depends. The wifes parent company is out there and many people who have transferred to Cali who we thought would love it have come back. Hate the culture. Also know a kid who went to Stanford and another kid recruited to Apple who moved back after 1 year. Disliked the culture as well so its not for everyone including millennials.

There are plenty of people who have gone to California from Indiana and loved it; others have not. This is a personal decision about where to go to get an education with an opportunity to also play basketball. I wouldn't blame him for choosing Stanford, and I"m an IU grad and hardcore IU basketball fan. As someone who no longer lives in Indiana, I can say without qualification that a degree from Stanford opens a lot more doors than one from IU. Leal will do whatever he thinks is in his best interests. If he chooses IU, that's great because we'll have a player who can reliably hit 3-point shots. If he chooses Stanford, good for him.