Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Just watched this Krhristian Lander highlight video from his play last week.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/07/video-2021-guard-khristian-lander-adidas-gauntlet-highlights/

My primary takeaway? 

Watch #3, Anthony Leal, and #32, Trey Galloway. They both look freaking awesome in the Lander highlight video. Those two young men really, really know how to play fundamental offense. Always moving, looking, screening, spacing. From the 22 second to the 33 second mark? Perfect. Geez they look excellent. Please please please be Hoosiers both of you!

What happened to Leal being a quick trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
That's what I was just wondering? I thought he was suppose to commit on the spot .

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What happened to Leal being a quick trigger?

If this was last year before he built a relationship with other coaches guessing he would be a quick trigger. With no offer last year that allowed coaches from other schools to jump in and give him something to think about. He built a relationship enough with Stanford to take an official and do home visits with other schools. IU is still the leader in my opinion and he will decide by the school year but the quick trigger went out the door last year when IU didn’t pull the trigger in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Corey Evans -

Yes. There is no timetable for a Trey Galloway decision, but I do expect for him to commit in the not-so-distant future. The in-state junior is one of the best from the area and would give Archie Miller a versatile, tough and competitive wing. Notre Dame had gained most of the traction earlier in the process but after offering Galloway this spring, the Hoosiers have remained a constant within his recruitment. 

Along with him, the Hoosiers have been locked in on his good friend and travel teammate Anthony Leal. The local guard has visited a number of times within the past 12 months and Miller would not mind pairing the two together in college. Regardless, Galloway would be a nice start as Miller would again secure one of the top prospects from his state for the third consecutive recruiting cycle.

USPS, I should probably know this already, and honestly I don’t feel like sorting through this thread for it, but does he an offer from us? I’m thinking it was a point of contention that we haven’t offered yet. Please excuse my laziness.

6 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

USPS, I should probably know this already, and honestly I don’t feel like sorting through this thread for it, but does he an offer from us? I’m thinking it was a point of contention that we haven’t offered yet. Please excuse my laziness.

We offered back in April.

Top 4 of Stanford, Northwestern, IU and Cincy. No surprises. Still open but these are his top 4. IU is the clear leader in my opinion

Never been a huge fan of taking both Leal and Galloway but I guess if the fit is right. I’ve been leaning Galloway pretty heavy.
Seems if we get these 2, we won’t get Steward or Davis who are “presumed” to be the better players.

Recruiting isn’t easy. Hard to preach inside out then bypass someone in our own backyard.

Hoping fit finally prevails.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Top 4 of Stanford, Northwestern, IU and Cincy. No surprises. Still open but these are his top 4. IU is the clear leader in my opinion

Stanford for education

Cincy if he wants to help start something 

IU to be the home state hero

Northwestern if he wants to reopen his recruitment in about 9 months. 

Very balanced choices