Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

34 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I was at the game last night. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Hemenway may not have missed a shot...crazy efficient. Leal impressed me as well. 

Still not sure either is the caliber player IU needs, but if I had to choose, it'd be Leal. 

Hemmingway is already committed to Clemson, so that’s good to hear!

Jeremy Price:  HALFTIME: Silver Creek 46, Bloomington South 44 … The only thing that slowed this game late in the half was the fouls and ensuing free throws. Anthony Leal and Connor Hickman have 15 apiece for the host Panthers, while Kooper Jacobi has 12 and Jack Hawkins 11 for the Dragons.

Trevor Andershock:  Silver Creek had a True Shooting % of 85.3%.  Bloomington South's was *only* 73.1%.

Andershock:  Final - Bloomington South 77, Silver Creek 76.   Anthony Leal 30 pts.  Trey Kaufman (Silver Creek) 17 pts, 7 rebs.

In this game, Leal surpassed the 1,000 career point mark.  Just for comparison, South's current all-time leading scorer, Chance Coyle, didn't reach 1,000 points until the second game of his senior year. Anthony Leal has at least six games left this season. (five regular, TBD postseason)

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Leal's Career Points

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jeremy Price:  HALFTIME: Silver Creek 46, Bloomington South 44 … The only thing that slowed this game late in the half was the fouls and ensuing free throws. Anthony Leal and Connor Hickman have 15 apiece for the host Panthers, while Kooper Jacobi has 12 and Jack Hawkins 11 for the Dragons.

Trevor Andershock:  Silver Creek had a True Shooting % of 85.3%.  Bloomington South's was *only* 73.1%.

Andershock:  Final - Bloomington South 77, Silver Creek 76.   Anthony Leal 30 pts.  Trey Kaufman (Silver Creek) 17 pts, 7 rebs.

Wonder if this is the type of game the staff was waiting to see out of Leal. 

2020 guard Anthony Leal should be a high priority target for Indiana basketball

Pretty good read.  This is a small extract and keep in mind Leal still does not have an IU offer.  

Archie Miller and his staff have been to multiple games to see him. Indiana assistant, Bruiser Flint, was in attendance for his game against Silver Creek as well.

“It’s definitely close,” Leal said on his relationship with coach Miller. “I’m closest with coach Ostrom I’d say just because that’s the main assistant that’s recruiting me, but I feel I’m getting closer with (Miller) each and every day just because I live in town, it makes it easy for them to get out, I’d say it’s a pretty good relationship.”

In addition to the growing relationships with the coaches, Leal finds the prestige and history of the Indiana program to be appealing.

“The passion, history, and tradition behind everything,” Leal said. “Basketball is different in Indiana for sure.”

https://www.thehoosiernetwork.com/2019/01/27/2020-guard-anthony-leal-should-be-a-high-priority-target-for-indiana-basketball/

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought the indications were he was going to get an IU offer.  Something happen to change our thinking on Leal?

They keep asking him to wait, and be patient but his is still checking out all options