Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Nick Baumgart @Nick_Baumgart

2022 6-5 SG CJ Gunn (Lawrence North) has a high ceiling. Great athleticism, 6-9 wingspan, 3pt stroke, dunks on ppl, plays both ways, versatile defender for 25-2 LN. Purdue, Louisville, Cincinnati, Butler interest.  On IUs radar, but Gunn tells TheHoosier he's yet to hear from IU.

Baumgart -

Lawrence Central 6-7 wing D'Ante Davis (2022) with offers from Louisville, Butler, Xavier, Nebraska. Interest from IU, Purdue, Cincinnati, OSU. Tae's wingspan 7-0 last summer. Solid stroke, big-time length. Taller, more natural, better athlete than brother/L'ville signee D'Andre.

A source told me IU asst coach Mike Roberts is keen on Tae. He saw him several times this past winter. But what's CAM think? Davis scheduled to play w/ Lawrence North SG CJ Gunn for Indy Heat 16s (EYBL). Gunn & Tae are best friend-types. Louisville acting serious about both early

Gunn MaxPreps:  https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/cj-gunn/Jf8dCOwmEeiAxKkkK9HIDg/default.htm

I have no idea if Leland Walker '22 from North Central HS will ever be a true IU target but geez, we need something to keep us occupied.  Film is from his games against Avon (Jayden Brewer) and Homestead (Luke Goode).  And as you'll quickly see, this is not your normal highlight video.  Clip was put together by INBBallSource.

Of note- WSU Stevenson has a top 5. Indiana not in there.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

West coast kid. 4 of 5 are out west. I would guess he ends up back close to home. Wichita St lost another one to the portal today

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have no idea if Leland Walker '22 from North Central HS will ever be a true IU target but geez, we need something to keep us occupied.  Film is from his games against Avon (Jayden Brewer) and Homestead (Luke Goode).  And as you'll quickly see, this is not your normal highlight video.  Clip was put together by INBBallSource.
[/url]  

Love the energy and effort. Kid plays hard and leaves it on the court. His intelligence shows with the angles and passes. He was waiting for that pass on the left wing to make the drive. He saw it before it happened.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In the last 24 hours, hyper-skilled 6’7” Alex Karaban @AlexKaraban of @NHSHuskies & @ExpressionsBall has earned offers from Indiana & Providence.

Alex was the only sophomore to earn first-team All-NEPSAC AAA.

A Slater

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

In the last 24 hours, hyper-skilled 6’7” Alex Karaban @AlexKaraban of @NHSHuskies & @ExpressionsBall has earned offers from Indiana & Providence.

A Slater

From NH. I'm hoping Bruiser can use his East Coast ties to bring in one of these guys eventually.

It also appears we're in the market for a wing player 

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

A Slater

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/423864/5e73ebfb4205f80c84bb96dc

Pretty good, and long, video across several games. About 3 mins in shows him getting some work done against St Paul’s(Jordan Geronimo). Skill level is really impressive for such a young player. Beautiful stroke. Will be interesting to see if his athleticism catches up to his skill level. Kind of looks to me like a kid who could grow into a face up 4 rather than a wing. I imagine he blows up pretty good eventually. Nice job by Archie not wasting time.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:29 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sheesh! I’ve been catching up on the videos out there...and I really like this kid. He  reminds me of Dominic James (if anyone here remembers him).

I could see how he might not fit what Archie wants out of his PG. He can get a little ball dominant and will need to improve game management/ facilitating aspect of the PG position. But damn if I don’t love this kids confidence.  

Outside shot results are inconsistent but already has shown deep range. Catch and shoot seems quick and natural. Quick first step & doesn’t seem afraid of drawing contact despite size.