Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

he has a lot of very close friends and family who go to clarksville. i can't see him transferring there and having to play jv for a season. jeffersonville is not in the habit of releasing players.

Well he’ll have to unless there is a reason that would allow him to get released by the IHSAA. That said I’m guessing there’s a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, daddio4iu said:

he has a lot of very close friends and family who go to clarksville. i can't see him transferring there and having to play jv for a season. jeffersonville is not in the habit of releasing players.

Good first post.  Keep'em coming.

i've heard a couple different reasons why he has left the team. neither one would be a good reason for the ihsaa to allow him to play varsity next season at a different school. that doesn't mean they wouldn't try to come up with a better reason for a transfer. i do know the jeff coaching staff has left the door open for his return, even for this season. i hope for the best for Will. he's a fine and respectful young man and has a chance to be a really good basketball player.

12 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Going to be checking out the younger Davis brother and the rest of Lawerence Central tonight. Hopefully center grove can keep up under 40 tonight. Been a tough year without TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Looks like they kept it to 30...

Going to be checking out the younger Davis brother and the rest of Lawerence Central tonight. Hopefully center grove can keep up under 40 tonight. Been a tough year without TJD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have you heard anything about Tayven Jackson leaving the Center Grove basketball team?

No idea whatsoever if this kid is at all on our radar.

Reggie Bass attended Muncie Central and transferred this year to Hamilton Heights Academy in Chattanooga, TN.  This comment from Nick Baumgart.  

Get to Know 2022 In-State: Reggie Bass, 6-5 combo guard Muncie native plays for top-5 national power Hamilton Heights Academy in Chattanooga.  8pts, 5 asts, 3 rbs on a team full of D1 talent.  Florida & Texas Tech offers.  Hasn't heard from Indiana (yet), but didn't sound opposed.

No idea whatsoever if this kid is at all on our radar.
Reggie Bass attended Muncie Central and transferred this year to Hamilton Heights Academy in Chattanooga, TN.  This comment from Nick Baumgart.  
Get to Know 2022 In-State: Reggie Bass, 6-5 combo guard Muncie native plays for top-5 national power Hamilton Heights Academy in Chattanooga.  8pts, 5 asts, 3 rbs on a team full of D1 talent.  Florida & Texas Tech offers.  Hasn't heard from Indiana (yet), but didn't sound opposed.

I’m sure they’ll keep an eye on him this summer.

From Brian Snow

Class of 2022 four-star wing D'Ante Davis is one of the most talented players in his class in the state of Indiana. Playing on one of the best team's in the state, Davis is the third scoring option, but he has shown improvement in his game this season.

As the younger brother of Louisville signee D'Andre Davis, D’Ante is familiar with the recruiting process and what it takes to not only get scholarship offers, but also to select a school.

When asked what he learned from his brother going through the process, D’Ante said, “I just learned to take my time and make sure I make the right decision for me, and not for anybody else. Also, it taught me to make sure I have a great relationship with the coach, and how important that is.”

Davis has a scholarship offer from Louisville, but the Cardinals are not alone here in this recruitment of the 6-foot-6 prospect who checks in at No. 74 in the 247Sports Top247 for the class of 2022.

“I am also hearing from Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Butler, Xavier and some others,” said Davis.

He continued, “I have been to games at Louisville, Butler and Purdue.”

Clearly, Davis and his family have a close relationship with Louisville, and he says it is great to hear from the Cardinals.

Kyle Neddenriep - 

Westfield guard Braden Smith (2022) will taken an unofficial visit to Indiana on Sunday.  

Through 20 games this season he's averaging 19 ppg; 5.5 rpg; 5 assists; 1.4 stls; .5 blks.

As it happens, he hit the game winner last night for Westfield in a 68-66 win over Franklin Central.  For the game winner sequence; advance the clip to the 1:20 mark.  Smith is #2.

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/high-school/2020/02/22/instant-highlights-westfield-68-franklin-central-66/638910000/

Per Andrew Slater -
6’7” 4-star Kamari Lands’22 @iso_marii  of @LaLuBasketball  & has received interest from Xavier, Michigan St, DePaul, Ohio State, Dayton, Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue

As he should. Truthfully should get an offer before to much longer.

From Stock Risers -

Top-50 sophomore Shawn Phillips Jr. is currently ranked the No. 48 overall sophomore in the country by 247Sports. The 6-foot-10 center is ranked seventh in his position and third in the state of Ohio.

He has found himself leading a national recruitment which includes offers from Ohio State, Dayton, Ohio U, and others.

I’ve watched Phillips Jr. play and he’s one of the smartest bigs in the entire class, but how does he describe his game?

“I have great post moves and I can knock down mid-range jump-shots when needed and I’m a great post defender and a good shot blocker also a great rebounder and a decent leader. I need to get stronger, faster and more athletic to dominate at the next level.”

So, who all is involved with the four-star sophomore?

“Dayton, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Ohio state, TCU, Auburn, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio U, and Xavier,” Phillips Jr. listed. He does indeed hold offers from several of these schools and I expect that list to grow.

As far as new programs that have gotten involved with Phillips Jr. he listed the following: “TCU, West Virginia and Indiana are the newest schools to begin recruiting me.”

He has taken several visits including to Ohio State, Cincinnati, Ohio U, and some others. As far as those go, they’ve just been unofficials as he can’t begin taking officials just yet.

I asked him if he’s ever thought about the possibility of reclassing, he said “I’ve never thought about it but maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.”

A name we may hear more about in the future, PG Leland Walker '22 from North Central HS.  Tonight plays Warren Central at 6:00.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/4a-sectional-10-semi-final-north-central-vs-warren-central-2020-boys-basketball-isc-sports-network

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A name we may hear more about in the future, PG Leland Walker '22 from North Central HS.  Tonight plays Warren Central at 6:00.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/4a-sectional-10-semi-final-north-central-vs-warren-central-2020-boys-basketball-isc-sports-network

North Central lost to Warren Central  77-69.  Walker with 30 pts. in a losing effort.

Nick Baumgart on Braden Smith of Westfield HS.

Get to Know: 2022 in-state Braden Smith, 5-10 point guard Westfield

2020: 18.5ppg, 5.4rpg, 4.7apg, 1.5spg, 39% on 3s, 90% FT vs 26th-best schedule in state.

Big-time stroke (42% on 310 career 3s), great court vision, high bball IQ Visited IU unofficially Feb 23 for Penn St.

OF NOTE:  Awfully good rebounding number for someone just 5'10".