Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

New name to keep tabs on per TheDailyHoosier.  5' 10" Leland Walker PG from North Central HS in Indianapolis.  As a freshman Walker averaged 15 points and 2.5 assists per game for the 2018-19 season.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-leland-walker/?fbclid=IwAR0XCzAfkJSoHdNyvaB5wRYxwVKOknCoq_6WHVuwpe73JzpzvKjTdCXfXEA

Recent video: A right handed kid that finishes with either hand very very well.

Please grow a few inches young fella!

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. Why U6 is the favorite for him. 

Roberts with his foot in the door now. I think it is too early to call UofL an overwhelming favorite. Alot of times, a brother likes to forge their own path.

247's latest nationwide rankings        

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool

Jalen Washington - Gary West Side #7 - has IU offer

Dereck Lively II - Westtown #23.   I make mention of him because he's a teammate of Kepnang's and when I've watch Westtown's games, I think Lively is the far better player.

Shawn Phillips #43 - Attended the Maryland game this past Sunday.

One stop shopping

As of January 2020      

2020 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 100
Geronimo 91 83 n.a.
Leal 115 121 n.a.
Galloway 116 139 n.a.

2021 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 60
Christie, Max  10 16 16
Duncomb, Logan 99 139 n.a.
Furst, Caleb 37 31 36
Kauffman, Trey 28 86 n.a.
Kepnang, Franck 24 23 22
Lander, Khristian 11 12 12
Mohammed, Aminu 14 13 13
Patterson, Trey 41 25 40
Wesley, Blake  86 89 n.a
Whitt, Carter 58 52 n.a.

Blackmon 141 131 n.a.
Goode 90 91 n.a.

2022 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 25
Washington, Jalen 7 20 15

Phillips, Shawn 43 25 n.a.

North Central in a dogfight with Lawrence Central.  Leland Walker had 11 at the end of the 3rd and No. Central trailing 52-48.   He then scored 15 more in the first 5 min. of the 4th Q.   With time running out, he tied it at 69 with a 3 but Lawrence Central hit 2 FTs and wins the game 71-69.  Walker had this shot at the buzzer that was oh so close.  He finished with 29 pts. scoring 18 of them in the 4th Q.

247's latest rankings of the Top 80 in the 2022 class at:  https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Jalen Washington - Gary West Side #9 -  Down 2 spots; out for season with injury; has IU offer.

Shawn Phillips - Dayton, OH #54; Down 11 spots ; attended Maryland game last month.

Others with Indiana connections.

Kamari Lands - La Lumiere #27

D'ante Davis -  Lawrence Central #74

Will Loving-Watts - Jeffersonville #76.  I've seen rumors that he quit the team around a week ago. Anyone in that area heard anything?

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

247's latest rankings of the Top 80 in the 2022 class at:  https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Jalen Washington - Gary West Side #9 -  Down 2 spots; out for season with injury; has IU offer.

Shawn Phillips - Dayton, OH #54; Down 11 spots ; attended Maryland game last month.

Others with Indiana connections.

Kamari Lands - La Lumiere #27

D'ante Davis -  Lawrence Central #74

Will Loving-Watts - Jeffersonville #76.  I've seen rumors that he quit the team around a week ago. Anyone in that area heard anything?

The announcers on the Sliver Creek game tonight were talking about a player leaving the Jeffersonville team with the intention to move and play for Clarksville next year.  They thought it strange to leave before the end of the season. Sounds like this was about Loving-Watts.

3 minutes ago, LockdownD said:

The announcers on the Sliver Creek game tonight were talking about a player leaving the Jeffersonville team with the intention to move and play for Clarksville next year.  They thought it strange to leave before the end of the season. Sounds like this was about Loving-Watts.

I'm kicking myself because I only heard a part of that discussion and totally missed the name of the player.