Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Indiana vs Penn State Post Game Thread

Just now, DChoosier said:

Well....To name a few.

I would like to see less turnovers. Prior to the game the announcers said we were last in the BT in turnovers.

Getting Romeo more involved in the offense would be nice (ie...our offense doing more to get him touches/open). In the second half he did not touch the ball in multiple possessions.

Coming out of the gate ready to play. They have started out nearly comatose in four of the last 5 games.

Very positive to get a win road but we have a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I get it.  The name of the game is to win, and they don't come easy so enjoy them when they  happen.  At least save the bellyaching for a loss.  To each their own I guess.  #InArchWeTrust

Well....To name a few.

I would like to see less turnovers. Prior to the game the announcers said we were last in the BT in turnovers.

Getting Romeo more involved in the offense would be nice (ie...our offense doing more to get him touches/open). In the second half he did not touch the ball in multiple possessions.

Coming out of the gate ready to play. They have started out nearly comatose in four of the last 5 games.

Very positive to get a win road but we have a long way to go.

I would take this too. But this would also make us a top 10 team. We aren’t that. We are a solid team that will/should be dancing. I just hope with a decent bracket we can make some noise. Right now? We would be a 5-6 seed. Which is exactly what most thought we were if things were going good. I do agree we need to clean up quite a few things and there is upside to this team.

29 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I just don't know what to think about this team. We did just take out the #8 defense on the road. But, Romeo not touching the ball for so many stretches is mind boggling. I don't know if he's fading away from the ball due to his unassuming nature at times. Then he turns it on... I dunno, he needs set plays ran for him but he also didn't convert on several attempts in the 2nd. 

And I fully trust Archie for not playing Clifton. Archie has to know way more than us. Then he comes in for a few and has to have a huge plus(minus) on the game. He did nothing wrong and basically did everything right and knocked down a throw. I don't want him playing in the tight fame but he doesn't play when we are up 14 in the 2nd? I dunno dog, he was totally altering shots too. I might be switching teams on the Clifton front if he plays like that again. If we're going to let Devonte and Smith make bone headed plays, then let Clifton screw up some for some experience and bear us fruit later. 

I need to watch the game again. The only concern I have with Clifton is he seems to be out of position on defense. With that said, I would play him over Smith right now.

Just now, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I think this says all we need to know about Archie

Phinisee on the last play of the game.

Phinisee said Archie drew up what Penn St was going to do on that last play in the huddle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We’re a top 20 defensive team because of this. But it’s our offense we need to get fixed. 

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

We are talented but spend a lot of time firing on about 2 out of 8 cylinders. I think we lack leadership on the court. Dont think Juwan is the type of senior leader we expect. We need someone to step up in that respect.

I think the way the game has developed it’s better when your Guards are the leaders

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think the way the game has developed it’s better when your Guards are the leaders

I agree. And I'm afraid it's going to need to be RP. Tough to ask on a Freshman, but I think he will be up to the task.

18 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I get it.  The name of the game is to win, and they don't come easy so enjoy them when they  happen.  At least save the bellyaching for a loss.  To each their own I guess.  #InArchWeTrust

I’m not belly aching but rather answering his question “what else do you expect”? My last statement was that it was a  positive that we got the road win.

What are we supposed to say on a basketball forum?

Green had 3 turnovers in three minutes but yippee he was trying.

Romeo did not touch the ball much  in the second half but maybe it’s great that others got a turn!!!

Wow, our uniforms look nice !!!  

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Hard for him to lead from the bench. Bothers me that he still doesn’t know how to stay out of foul trouble.

I love JM, but he gets way too many reaching fouls. With that crew, your Senior has to be smarter and stay away from the touch fouls. He's a great competitor, so I think he will figure it out. Being a leader (does mean) being smart, so you can be on the court. 

Uh yes! PSU hits just half of their misses of FT’s tonight, we lose this game easily

But they missed them. If De’Ron hits a layup we have 1 loss. But he missed it