Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Indiana vs Penn State Post Game Thread

Except for the seats right next to the floor mic.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It’s like that every year at PSU. I don’t get it. There is always a kid making the same annoying sound all game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

39 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Is there any proof that he played on the playgrounds of New York or is this just a generalization because he’s from there?

High school ball at Long Island Lutheran in central Long Island.$10-15k per year private high school (for a private school that's inexpensive).

Grew up in Manhasset, Long Island, population about 8,000.

Per Wiki: "According to a 2009 estimate,[6] the median income for a household in (Manhasset) was $105,938, and the median income for a family was $130,909. The per capita income in the CDP was $51,698. 5.7% of the population and 3.9% of families were below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 5.4% are under the age of 18 and 6.9% are 65 or older."

In other words, his big brother has been drawing an NBA salary for a good while. The family may have been comfortable before then, but in any event they likely are by now.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

It’s like that every year at PSU. I don’t get it. There is always a kid making the same annoying sound all game.

That actually annoyed my daughters so much they left the room, lol!

High school ball at Long Island Lutheran in central Long Island.$10-15k per year private high school (for a private school that's inexpensive).
Per Wiki: "According to a 2009 estimate,[6] the median income for a household in (Manhasset) was $105,938, and the median income for a family was $130,909. The per capita income in the CDP was $51,698. 5.7% of the population and 3.9% of families were below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 5.4% are under the age of 18 and 6.9% are 65 or older."
In other words, his big brother has been drawing an NBA salary for a good while. The family may have been comfortable before then, but in any event they likely are by now.

Yeah, LuHi is mid range compared to St. Anthony's or Chaminade price wise, but they do have a better basketball program.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Except for the seats right next to the floor mic.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Didn't get to see the game last night and just watched some highlights. The first few were when PSU was on offense. When we had the ball, I had to turn the volume down because the "OOOOOOOOOOOO!" was so loud.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wait......so a New York basketball player didn’t grow up playing at Rucker learnin all them STREETBALL MOVES?!?!

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Is there any proof that he played on the playgrounds of New York or is this just a generalization because he’s from there?

This board thrives on generalizations.  He's from New York, he's a street baller!  He's from Indiana, he's better than other kids!  A foreign big man, he must be a project!

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

This board thrives on generalizations.  He's from New York, he's a street baller!  He's from Indiana, he's better than other kids!  A foreign big man, he must be a project!

It's true, 18 years in Virginia and Vic was barely a 3 star, 3 years in Indiana and he's a top 2 pick!

Image result for tongue in cheek gif

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

More a reference to the fact that I've called him a streetball player numerous times on this board.  Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, I stand by it.  I don't see a player that fits a structured offense.  To be fair, a lot of kids play on playgrounds when they're younger and frankly I'd be surprised if a lot of our players haven't at some point.

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

More a reference to the fact that I've called him a streetball player numerous times on this board.  Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, I stand by it.  I don't see a player that fits a structured offense.  To be fair, a lot of kids play on playgrounds when they're younger and frankly I'd be surprised if a lot of our players haven't at some point.

So...no. You have no proof and were generalizing. 

Got it. 

Going to have to contact his family and friends to see if they have a video of him playing street ball in New York to prove your point. Or just say recess or on the play ground cause I would guess it's safe to assume we all played on a playground at some point but then again maybe that isn't safe to assume.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I said this in the game thread that it happens every year. Also chalk up the ref bashing Iowa fan at CHA. I don't get it either. Does anyone from the network go back and watch/listen to the production? You'd like to think so right and if so are they just tone deaf or what?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I said this in the game thread that it happens every year. Also chalk up the ref bashing Iowa fan at CHA. I don't get it either. Does anyone from the network go back and watch/listen to the production? You'd like to think so right and if so are they just tone deaf or what?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Can you imagine being the cameraman having to sit through that all game?