Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Indiana vs Penn State Post Game Thread

9 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

Not as negative about Green as many on here. Does he still make some bonehead mistakes at times, yes, but he also makes some plays that no one else on our team can make. I'm not advocating for him to start over Rob or even play a ton of minutes but for a stretch there, he and Rob played very well together. I think that should be a combination that should get more run. IMO we played our best basketball of the game in the 1st half with Rob, Devonte, Romeo,  and Juwan all on the floor at the same time. 

The problem is he’s either saving our bacon or throwing us to the wolves. No In between

18 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Clifton Moore earns playing time! Fitzner and Smith are complete mysteries. McRoberts didn't add anything. Green hit two clutch 3s and then turns it over the rest of the time he's on the floor. Rob played awful the first half and the first half of the 2nd half and then played great most of the rest of the way. DD spent four minutes fouling out. Romeo was unbelievable the first half and then Penn State handcuffed the 2nd half. Morgan was OK but too many fouls. The team hits free throws and even some threes. A win is great, but we have to beat teams like Penn State and Northwestern that aren't as good as us.

Sorry, but Archie handcuffed Romeo the 2nd half!

I just don't know what to think about this team. We did just take out the #8 defense on the road. But, Romeo not touching the ball for so many stretches is mind boggling. I don't know if he's fading away from the ball due to his unassuming nature at times. Then he turns it on... I dunno, he needs set plays ran for him but he also didn't convert on several attempts in the 2nd. 

And I fully trust Archie for not playing Clifton. Archie has to know way more than us. Then he comes in for a few and has to have a huge plus(minus) on the game. He did nothing wrong and basically did everything right and knocked down a throw. I don't want him playing in the tight fame but he doesn't play when we are up 14 in the 2nd? I dunno dog, he was totally altering shots too. I might be switching teams on the Clifton front if he plays like that again. If we're going to let Devonte and Smith make bone headed plays, then let Clifton screw up some for some experience and bear us fruit later. 

I just don’t understand Smith! But I do understand NYC street ball and Green should’ve figured out by now it has no place in college ball. Let Moore get some run time. Is Forrester alive?we had the game iced and let them come back ! Win is a win though. The bigs gotta stop with this foul trouble too. It kills us.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Did Archie always start out slow in Dayton and come on strong later? I just feel like we have too many talented options to be playing like this. Granted it is still early. But Morgan, Romeo and Phinisee are too good of a combo. 

Seriously?  Archie has lost two games - one to arguably the greatest team we've seen for a very long time (ever?), and the other on a missed tip in for a road win.  I realize they haven't always been dominating wins, but what else are you looking for?

15 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I just don't know what to think about this team. We did just take out the #8 defense on the road. But, Romeo not touching the ball for so many stretches is mind boggling. I don't know if he's fading away from the ball due to his unassuming nature at times. Then he turns it on... I dunno, he needs set plays ran for him but he also didn't convert on several attempts in the 2nd. 

And I fully trust Archie for not playing Clifton. Archie has to know way more than us. Then he comes in for a few and has to have a huge plus(minus) on the game. He did nothing wrong and basically did everything right and knocked down a throw. I don't want him playing in the tight fame but he doesn't play when we are up 14 in the 2nd? I dunno dog, he was totally altering shots too. I might be switching teams on the Clifton front if he plays like that again. If we're going to let Devonte and Smith make bone headed plays, then let Clifton screw up some for some experience and bear us fruit later. 

Totally agree about Clifton.We need him  to be s rim protector.He has it in him.

33 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:
Seriously?  Archie has lost two games - one to arguably the greatest team we've seen for a very long time (ever?), and the other on a missed tip in for a road win.  I realize they haven't always been dominating wins, but what else are you looking for?

Well....To name a few.

I would like to see less turnovers. Prior to the game the announcers said we were last in the BT in turnovers.

Getting Romeo more involved in the offense would be nice (ie...our offense doing more to get him touches/open). In the second half he did not touch the ball in multiple possessions.

Coming out of the gate ready to play. They have started out nearly comatose in four of the last 5 games.

Very positive to get a road win but we have a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app