Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

chicagoHOOSIER

Indiana vs Penn State Post Game Thread

Were awful. No accountability on the players for making bone headed mistakes, no hustle back after they turn it over, etc. how can you light a fire under someone at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Awful? No.

Road win against a good defensive rated team I’ll take it! Yes we still need to work on things, certain individuals need a little pine time, but overall 2-0 start to the B1G. I really don’t get all the doubt against the coach. Yes we have better players, but we still have old regime players logging a lot of mins. I know last year wasn’t good but that team made progress for most of the season. I expect the same from this team as well. Did people expect that just because we land Romeo and 4 four stars that we were going immediately play like pUKE! This was a road game in what looks like a loaded B1G conference.

Edit: I think I puked in my mouth a little with that pUKE reference 🤮

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We just beat a top 40 team on the road. It was a good win. Our offense is a bit broken though

I agree. Any team in the 15-30 range will play like this but find ways to win. We aren’t a top ten team by any stretch. We are going to end up in that 15-30 range. Personally I just want Smith to find the bench. At this point I feel we are better without him on the floor.

Nice to win on the road. Those are never easy. Not sure if we can count on many teams missing 14 or so free throws at home.

Don’t understand the offense. In the second half we had multiple possessions that went fairly deep into the clock without Romeo getting a touch. That should not happen. Good to see Rob turn it on. Probably lose without him.

Just now, mdn82 said:

I agree. Any team in the 15-30 range will play like this but find ways to win. We aren’t a top ten team by any stretch. We are going to end up in that 15-30 range. Personally I just want Smith to find the bench. At this point I feel we are better without him on the floor.

Honestly him continuing to start is officially worse than newkirk last year. It’s ridiculous. Him and Green were almost half our Turnovers also. 

Yep smith does alot of bad things. I do think some are underestimating the importance of some of his boards in this game but other than that ugh

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Clifton Moore earns playing time! Fitzner and Smith are complete mysteries. McRoberts didn't add anything. Green hit two clutch 3s and then turns it over the rest of the time he's on the floor. Rob played awful the first half and the first half of the 2nd half and then played great most of the rest of the way. DD spent four minutes fouling out. Romeo was unbelievable the first half and then Penn State handcuffed the 2nd half. Morgan was OK but too many fouls. The team hits free throws and even some threes. A win is great, but we have to beat teams like Penn State and Northwestern that aren't as good as us.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I want to see Smith out of the lineup, but I'm not sure who we'd replace him with.

Great win. Loved how Archie let Moore get his feet wet in meaningful minutes. You can see his body language has changed. Confidence speaks volumes. There's plenty of minutes available in the frontcourt 

I’m happy to get a road W. Very happy.

I have a lot of thoughts on the Romeo 2nd half but I’ll save them for now.

Kudos to Rob for making the plays when they counted most.

Big doubts about Smith, Fitzner, and Green.

Green had some good plays still but man...... what a rough stretch in the second half. Brutal. Not coincidental it started the PSU comeback.

Honestly him continuing to start is officially worse than newkirk last year. It’s ridiculous. Him and Green were almost half our Turnovers also. 

I agree. I felt Green gave us a spark in the 1st half after that BS start. But that is what he is. A 2-3 minute spark. Relying on him for long stretches is just going to end like it did today. Smith is nonexistent to me. I can’t find any positives for what he brings right now. Moore did more in his first two minutes tonight than Smith has done all year.